Agent-based backup of Windows, Linux, Max, AIX and Solaris machines.
CoMiKo
Lurker
Liked: never

Cloud Connect - First full backup to harddisk, implementing it to Cloud Server

Post by CoMiKo »

Hello,

i would like to know how to link a fullbackup done locally on a hard disk and then to physicaly transfer and implement it to a Cloud Connect Server, as it bottlenecks the upload of the client for days.
VBK file is around 1 TB, incremental should work after this.
I looked for myself but i did not really find a solution.
When Adding the Repository (HDD directly) i can check "Search the Repository for existing Backups" but it will be skipped after 10 seconds.

VBK Backup was done with Veeam Agent and forever incremental will also happen with the Agent, licensed of course.
Cloud Connect Server is Veeam B&R 12, newest Version. Windows Server 2016

Any help is appreciated.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Cloud Connect - First full backup to harddisk, implementing it to Cloud Server

Post by Mildur »

Hello CoMiKo

Welcome to the forum.
We have a KB article which explains every necessary steps:
https://www.veeam.com/kb3158

Please let me know if one of the steps is unclear.

Best,
Fabian

PS:
Please register yourself in our service provider user group. This gives you access to our hidden service provider sub forums where service provider products are discussed: Apply for the Cloud and Service Providers user group
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
CoMiKo
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Cloud Connect - First full backup to harddisk, implementing it to Cloud Server

Post by CoMiKo »

Hello,

thank you for the quick response!

It seems i already had the right mindset, as it is working now.
For anyone wondering, i used the VBK + VBM from another Job (Veeam Agent local, 3 Jobs, NAS - HDD - Cloud Connect) and copied it into the repository.
I made the error of not being completely precise with the name of the VBK file, as it is different then the VIB file.
So the VBK is named "SRV_HDD.adhoc.xxxxx.vbk" and the VIB file is named "Job Cloud SRVxxxxx.vib", the VBM File is simply named "Job Cloud SRV.vbm"

Upon inspecting the logs, i simply copied the name from the supposedly "missing" file and not type it in.

Thanks you so much again!

P.S. i shall take a look the sub forum and register, thanks.