PowerShell script exchange
kpratola
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Keith Pratola

Get License Usage for Specific Months?

Post by kpratola »

Is there a way to get a license usage report for a specific month? This is for a Rental license on Veeam VBR 11. Using either Get-VBRInstanceLicenseSummary or Get-VBRLicensedInstanceWorkload just gets me the current usage.

It's funny that there are time parameters for Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365, but I don't see any for VBR. https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vbo36 ... tml?ver=70
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Get License Usage for Specific Months?

Post by Mildur »

Hello Keith

Are you looking for some specific values which are not covered by the Service Provider Console license usage report?
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/p ... tml?ver=70

Best,
Fabian

PS:
If you are a Veeam Cloud & Service Provider, please register yourself in our service provider user group. This gives you access to our hidden service provider sub forums where service provider products are discussed: Apply for the Cloud and Service Providers user group
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
kpratola
Service Provider

Post by kpratola »

Normally the license usage would be on the Service Provider Console report, but we didn't have the Veeam Backup & Replication servers connected directly to the Console and would just go into the VBR servers each month to get the license usage. Now Veeam wants to see the license usage from each VBR server for the past few months. We didn't save those reports each month, so now I am trying to get the usage for each month using PowerShell. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out a way to generate reports for prior months.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur » 1 person likes this post

Hi Keith

Can you please check this folder on the Veeam Backup & Replication server? It should contain the old reports:
--> %ProgramData%\Veeam\Backup\Reports
I will check with our PowerShell/RestAPI Team if we have an option on the command line. I believe it's not possible, because VBR doesn't track the historical license usage.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
kpratola
Service Provider

Post by kpratola »

They are there! Thank you so much Fabian!