Liked: 118 times

Understand Sharepoint personnal site

Post by matteu »

Hello,

On the design of my backup today I use this :

1 Exchange backup job and include user group with mail + archive type
1 OneDrive backup job and include user group with onedrive type
1 Teams Job and include Organization with Teams type

1 Sharepoint job and include Organization with Site type AND exclude Organization personnal Sharepoint Site type

I'm not sure my design is correct here.

I read a lot personnal sharepoint site = OneDrive so I don't want to backup it twice.
However, when I test it with Veeam, it doesn't backup the same data. That mean I should not exclude Personnal sharepoint site on my Sharepoint job right ?

Thanks for your advices
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Understand Sharepoint personnal site

Post by Mildur »

Hi Matteu

A backup job for type OneDrive will protect everything in your users OneDrive app.
I borrow Mikes explanation from another topic for the question "about Personal Sites" :)
Personal sites are indeed different than OneDrive for Business. A personal site has something like .../my/person.aspx type of URL and can contain things like your newsfeed, personal information etc. depending on what the company uses
Your job design looks good to me for small environments (protecting only a few hundreds source objects).
One note: Make sure that your teams jobs and SharePoint jobs are targeted to the same repository. Because Team Files are also protected by a SharePoint job containing the teams side as a source object. Using the same repository will only store the protected items once in your backup infrastructure.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software