Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gingerdazza
Expert
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: Dazza

Slow VBR console during activities

Post by gingerdazza »

When our physical Veeam server is running tasks, such as Backup Copy Jobs, I'm finding the VBR console incredibly slow and unresponsive. When this happens the highly spec'd server is low on CPU utilisation (<20%) and low on memory usage (<50%), and the NIC is low utilisation too. So I'm not sure if this is the PostgreSQL DB being used, or something else, but if I try and move around the console duyring the activities, edit jobs, etc., it's incredibly slow. ANy thoughts on causes and possible solutions?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Slow VBR console during activities

Post by Mildur »

Hello Dazza

We cannot investigate "performance issues" over a forum post. I suggest you open a case with our customer support team as requested for any technical issue by our forum policies. Without a case number, this topic may be deleted by a moderator.
So I'm not sure if this is the PostgreSQL DB being used, or something else, but if I try and move around the console duyring the activities, edit jobs, etc., it's incredibly slow.
Sounds like it could be performance of the database server. Does it run on the same machine as the backup server?
If the SQL queries against the database are the bottleneck, our support team will see that in the provided log package.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
alexander sh
Veeam Software
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Alexander Shelemin

Post by alexander sh »

@gingerdazza could you post a support case number here once you open it?
Couple of questions (that support will likely ask you anyways):
1) Assuming you're on 12.1 already - is the problem new, or has it been like this in v12 as well?
2) Was Postgres installed by VBR setup or did you install it manually? If manually - have you run Powershell cmdlet to tune it?

In any case, would be great if you post you support case number here, we in R&D will take a look.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Dazza

I found your ticket in the system and we have escalated it to RnD. Can you please check out Alexanders questions as well and answer them?
Thank you very much.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software