Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
marcio.ligi
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Marcello

Restore Backup Booting from USB not working

Post by marcio.ligi »

Hi there,

I want to restore a backup on a new PC, I created the recovery media on a bootable USB key with Veeam, I modified Boot order in BIOS to boot from USB HD,
I also made the key "active" with cmd prompt so that is bootable.
Despite all of this when I boot the PC returns a blank screen (black).
What is happening?
Anyone has some recommendations?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Restore Backup Booting from USB not working

Post by Mildur »

Hello Marcello

Without having access to your hardware it's impossible to provide solution for the issue. Please always contact our customer support team "if something is not working as it should". We cannot solve technical issues over a forum post. Don't forget to provide me with the case number or this post may be deleted by moderators.

There are two ways to create a recovery media. One with the Veeam Agent itself. A second method if you use a Veeam backup server to manage the agent.

- Veeam Agent: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/agent ... tml?ver=60
- Backup server: https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... ml?ver=120

Make sure that you create the bootable USB stick directly with our wizard. If you have created an ISO and have copied the ISO file to the USB stick, it won't work (I don't say you have done that, but I see that mistake from time to time). In such case, use Rufus or similar tools to write the ISO content to the USB stick and make it bootable.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
marcio.ligi
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Marcello

Re: Restore Backup Booting from USB not working

Post by marcio.ligi »

Hey thanks for the reply, I didn't create the ISO with Veeam agent but the other option, so when I click on the USB I don't see any ISO file but I see there are some files and folders.
The problem is that when I boot from it, after saying "WIndows is loading files" the screen remains blank. Very strange