Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ryan_gcits
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ryan Colombo

Question regarding using VSPC to upgrade VBR

Post by ryan_gcits »

Hello!

I have a question about using the Veeam Service Provider Console to deploy updates of VBR to servers. The documentation here: (https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/vac/p ... tml?ver=80) under 'installing VBR' step 6 mentions choosing a download source, like below:

At the Source step of the wizard, specify location of the Veeam Backup & Replication distribution:
- To use a latest distribution from Veeam Installation Server (over the Internet), select the Download the backup server setup file from a Veeam web server option.
- To use a distribution stored on a remote file share, select the Use the backup server setup file from the remote file share option and specify remote file share location and credentials of an account that Veeam Service Provider Console will use to connect to the file share.

My question is; if you choose option one, is it downloading it from a server hosted by Veeam? Or is it downloading it from a "Veeam installation server" hosted by the VSPC?

Thank you!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Question regarding using VSPC to upgrade VBR

Post by Mildur »

Hi Ryan

It get's downloaded from a server hosted by Veeam.

Best,
Fabian

PS:
If you are a Veeam Cloud & Service Provider, please register yourself in our service provider user group. This gives you access to our hidden service provider sub forums where service provider products are discussed: Apply for the Cloud and Service Providers user group
I will move this topic to the VSPC sub forum after you have registered for the group.
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software