Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
TacticalN8
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nate

Ability to save backup config to cloud connect partner in addition to local repository

Post by TacticalN8 »

I've seen a number of requests where people would like to have the ability to save the backup config to multiple repositories, which I would like as well.

It sounds like many are using a file copy job as a workaround to copy between repositories. However, there doesn't appear to be an option to send a copy off to a repository that resides with a cloud connect partner. Looks like you can only copy between on-prem repositories.

I'd like to be able to save a copy on a local repo as well as my cloud connect partner repo.

Has anyone else ran into this?

Is this by chance on Veeam's roadmap?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Ability to save backup config to cloud connect partner in addition to local repository

Post by Mildur »

Hi Nate

Thank you for your request. Unfortunately there is no news we can share about this request for now.
If your goal is to protect the configuration backup against unwanted deletion (attacker, malicious insider, mistakes), immutable object storage could be an option.

Best,
Fabian

PS:
If you are a Veeam Cloud & Service Provider, please register yourself in our service provider user group. This gives you access to our hidden service provider sub forums where service provider products are discussed: Apply for the Cloud and Service Providers user group
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
TacticalN8
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Nate

Re: Ability to save backup config to cloud connect partner in addition to local repository

Post by TacticalN8 »

Thanks Mildur,

We're currently sending this config job to our cloud connect partner which is an immutable storage repo. I was just hoping to have a local copy as well to be able to quickly restore our config in the event we had to rebuild our Veeam server.

For now I'm just manually changing the the repo once a month to save a local copy, then changing it back to the cloud connect repo. Not a huge issue, just a bit extra work once a month.