Real-time performance monitoring and troubleshooting
GrZeCh
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Has someone tried to run Veeam Monitor 4.0 on Windows 7 RC?

Post by GrZeCh »

Hello,

Has someone tried to run Veeam Monitor 4.0 Free on Windows 7 RC? After adding my ESXi 4.0 hosts I see VM and Datastores in "Virtual Infrastructure" tree on the left but no details are showed (CPU, memory, network usage etc.). All I see is info that "No data available".

Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Re: Has someone tried to run Veeam Monitor 4.0 on Windows 7 RC?

Post by Gostev »

We have not started testing our products on Windows 7 yet, because it will only be released in about half-year from now (time period that happens to be Veeam's typical release cycle length); besides, many things can still change in it before the actual release. A few Windows 7 specific problem have already been reported for other products, so fully supporting Windows 7 would certainly require some level of development and QC.

Also, please note that some functionality of Veeam Monitor relies on VMware Infrastructure Client presense, and it also cannot be installed on Windows 7. Thus, I would not recommend using Veeam Monitor on Windows 7 at this time.

However, I wanted to check if by any chance you are connecting Veeam Monitor to stand-alone ESXi host while using Advanced Scalability mode, because this would result in "No data available" error on all OS versions (this is documented in the Known Issues section in the release notes document).

Thank you.
BillyT
Influencer
Full Name: Bill Thompson

Post by BillyT »

I have the client installed on Win7 RC and it works fine.
alan.mckay
Novice
Full Name: Alan McKay

Post by alan.mckay »

I had the same issue on Win XP and changed out of "Advanced Scalability" mode and now I get "connection problems"

I cannot find a document that came with my download to ensure I am connecting properly. I use the IP of the ESXi bare metal, and user "root" along with root password. I've tried both the default port 443, as well as port 22. Still no luck.
alan.mckay
Novice
Full Name: Alan McKay

Post by alan.mckay »

BTW, if it matters, the Windows machine this is running on is a VM within the same ESXi server. We are a Linux shop so this is what I have set up to manage the thing in the first place. It is really the only Windows box available for this.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

Alan, you are doing everything correctly. What is the error message that you are getting (right-click your ESXi host and select Get Error Message).