Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pgitdept
Influencer
Liked: 14 times
Full Name: PGITDept

v6 Guest indexing Warning

Post by pgitdept »

Good morning,

We have just rebuilt our backup server and as part of this, upgraded Veeam to v6. I have setup all of the jobs to run and it has improved our times drastically (although this is down to re-organising the jobs). One job however keeps issuing a warning as follows:
Backup Job Log Details wrote: Failed to index guest file system. Details: Cannot copy to the temp file from [C:\Windows\TEMP\ifdE288.tmp] to [C:\Windows\VeeamVssSupport\VeeamOibIndexer.inc.filter] in CVixConnection::CopyFileFromHostToGuest. VIX Error: You do not have access rights to this file Code: 13
The job that does the indexing is a local admin of both the machine being backed up and the backup server so should have all of the relevant rights. This occurs with both a full and incremental job. When the incrementals are performed there are no other jobs running concurrently.

Any suggestions what to check?

Regards

Mark
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: v6 Guest indexing Warning

Post by foggy »

Mark, it would be better to investigate with our support as full logs from our in-guest component are required here. Thanks.
pgitdept
Influencer

Post by pgitdept »

Thanks Foggy, I have logged a support call now for this.
fgw
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Franz Glatzer

Post by fgw »

same issue here!

is this already solved? what was the solution?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Since OP hasn't mentioned his support case number, unfortunately, I cannot give you the solution. Please reach our support team directly for assistance.
RandyC
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by RandyC »

I'm having the same issue. I've uploaded logs multiple times, and all I get in return is 'try this, or try that' - and oh, by the way, can you send me the logs again? I would have expected better responses and feedback.

Support ID is 5176573.
rcollins
Lurker
Full Name: Ronan Collins

Post by rcollins »

Has this issue been resolved yet?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

rcollins wrote:Has this issue been resolved yet?
No resolution in the mentioned support case. Please open your own case to investigate.
pgitdept
Influencer

Post by pgitdept »

Our resolution was to disable Guest Indexing as we don't publish to a Search server of any form.

[ID#5161877] Warning - Failed to index guest file system.
daw71
Lurker
Full Name: David Watts

Post by daw71 »

pgitdept wrote:Our resolution was to disable Guest Indexing as we don't publish to a Search server of any form.

[ID#5161877] Warning - Failed to index guest file system.
Hi, I am having the same problem with a SQL 2008R2 server. Could please be so kind and explain to me what you mean when you say 'disable Guest Indexing' are you refering to removing indexing from the C drive (right click, untick indexing)

Cheers
David
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. » 1 person likes this post

Hi David, I guess Mark was referring to Veeam backup job file indexing capabilities and not Windows built-in indexing.
brupnick
Expert
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Brian Rupnick

Guest File Indexing in Windows Server 2008 R2

Post by brupnick »

[merged]

Is anyone doing guest file indexing of Windows Server 2008 R2 servers using VBR 6.1? I recently implemented this feature on some of my jobs and while the 2003 Servers work as expected, the 2008 R2 machines fail with the following message:

Code: Select all

Failed to index guest file system. Details: Cannot copy to the temp file from [C:\Windows\TEMP\ifd1C8F.tmp] to [C:\Windows\VeeamVssSupport\VeeamOibIndexer.inc.filter] in CVixConnection::CopyFileFromHostToGuest. VIX Error: You do not have access rights to this file Code: 13
Disabling UAC results in a successful index on the 2008 R2 servers, but that's obviously not a long term solution for this issue.