Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
Nobody
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Andreas Girrbach

Dashboard Alarms sync with Monitor Alarms?

Post by Nobody »

Hi Everybody

We've disabled a few alarms inside the Veeam One Monitor because we don't need them.
For example the Guest Disk Space Alarm triggered for our backup disks - which is ok.
We fill these disk to the maximum...

Inside the Veeam One Monitor we have now everything green.

But if i take a look at the dashboard - which we would like to introduce to our management - i get 35 Warnings and 10 Criticals Alerts.
Does the Alert Count Dasboard sync the alarms out of the Monitor or will it generate it's own Alerts?

If it's having it's own alerts - where can they been modified or disabled?

I would like to avoid to show the dashboard with several critical alerts - while we tell everything is ok :mrgreen:

Best regards

Andy
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Dashboard Alarms sync with Monitor Alarms?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Andreas,

Alarms in Monitor Client and Alarms overview dashboard are retrieving the same set of data from our database, so they are always in sync.

Could you please tell me what widgets are you referring to? If you want to have an updated view in "Object State Overview" widget, then you should wait for a couple minutes (5 min) to get all object states updated. If you're referring to "Total Issues by Day" or "Top N Issues", then these widgets provide information about the health of your VI for the past week.

Keep in mind that disabling alarm in Monitor does not remove its history from the database, so I would suggest to tell your management that you HAD these problems before and NOW you've successfully resolved all of them ;)

Thanks!
Nobody
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Andreas Girrbach

Post by Nobody »

Solved - the Widget "Object State Overview" is not showing the current state - it's displaying the last 24h (or so).
In my case i had a few VMs which got a high CPU Usage and triggering the alert during the night.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

The refresh interval for this widget should be 5 minutes, so I'm not sure why it took so long to display the actual data, but we'll try to reproduce your behavior.
rbrambley
Veeam Software
Liked: 57 times
Full Name: Rich Brambley

Post by rbrambley »

Nobody wrote:Solved - the Widget "Object State Overview" is not showing the current state - it's displaying the last 24h (or so).
In my case i had a few VMs which got a high CPU Usage and triggering the alert during the night.
Check your Reporter collection schedule (Go into Configuration / Collection Jobs). When you install Veeam ONE the default collection is every night at 3 am. You can change this to collect new data more often, but the best you can get is every one 1 hr. This could significantly increase the size of your SQL database, so be sure you really want data collected that often. Reporter is not intended to be a real time monitoring tool so the sync is never going to be be exact with Monitor -which is real time.

You can also manually start a collection any time you like, so right before you show the Dashboard kick off a collection ... :mrgreen:
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Performance, events and alarms data on the dashboards does not depend on the collection jobs schedule in Reporter, as this data is collected by Monitor in real-time, so changing configuration collection job schedule will not help. I have asked our QC team to confirm this delay on the widget and I'll update this topic once I have more details.