Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JorisK
Expert
Liked: never

Can i replicate from V5 to V6?

Post by JorisK »

Hi,

We have a server running VEEAM 5 and we want to replicatie some VM's to another site. I already installed a new server but this is Windows 2008 R2 and now i need the x64 version of VEEAM5. Unfortunately it isn't availible for download anymore....

Version 6 is availible for download, so my question: can i replicate from version 5 to version 6?

Best Regards,
Joris
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Can i replicate from V5 to V6?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Joris,

Not sure I follow you...What do you want to replicate from v5 to v6? Do you want just to replicate existing VMs to another site? Why would you need v5 for that?

Thanks!
JorisK
Expert
Liked: never

Post by JorisK »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Joris,

Not sure I follow you...What do you want to replicate from v5 to v6? Do you want just to replicate existing VMs to another site? Why would you need v5 for that?

Thanks!
Our production environment is still using v5. The site it needs to be replicated to is a new server and v6 is only availible for download.

Meanwhile, thanks to support i found the download for version 5 here:
www.veeam.com/kb1360
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Well v5 and v6 can co-exist just fine, so you can replicate your production site to another location in the same way as you would do that with v5.