Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
GabesVirtualWorld
Expert
Liked: 38 times
Full Name: Gabrie van Zanten

Exchange Explorer: Response received .. no valid xml

Post by GabesVirtualWorld »

Hi
When trying to restore an EDB using Veeam Exchange Explorer to an Exchange Server returns the error: The Response received from the service didn't contain valid XML.

Exchange 2010 in eval mode (installed especially for this test)

Any ideas where to start looking?

Gabrie
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Exchange Explorer: Response received .. no valid xml

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Gabrie,

Are you trying to restore Exchange items to the original location? Looks like either Exchange has some configuration issues or VEX is expecting another response from your Exchange Server. I would appreciate if you could send VEX logs to our support team for further investigation.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

On top of that, can you please try to specify IP address of your Exchange Server instead of using FQDN/hostname and see if this helps or not?

In addition to this, here is what google search returns to the error message above, please check it out: http://trikks.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/ ... ange-2010/
GabesVirtualWorld
Expert
Liked: 38 times
Full Name: Gabrie van Zanten

Post by GabesVirtualWorld »

The exchange database I'm using is one I got from Rick (users: apollo, captian kirk, Buck Rodgers, etc). The Exchange Server I'm restoring to is a fresh installed server on which I created the user and mailbox accounts manually. So the configuration is probably not the same. Just say it: "You didn't read the manual did you?" No sorry, I didn't. Thought you could just restore any EDB to any mailbox. Will read the manual now :-)
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6717 times

Post by Gostev »

Hi Gabe - I doubt you will find answer to this in manual... like all other Veeam functionality, this one should work fine out of box without having to jump through the hoops or RTFM. Besides, I have not heard similar issues reported before. May be you are restoring to unsupported Exchange version (I believe, RTM version of Exchange 2010 did not yet have all web services API fully implemented), or something is broken in the Exchange itself. Truly, the best way to troubleshoot this is to open a support case.