mrt
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Enterprise Manager 6.5 upgrade problems

Post by mrt »

support case 00154535

During the upgrade from 6.1 to 6.5 an error was encountered:

Code: Select all

Error 27506.Error executing SQL script ReportingDBupdate.sql. Line 2695. Query timeout expired (0)
Has anyone seen this before? EM is now uninstalled and if i restart the installer, it asks for a key which tells me a new installation is being performed, not an upgrade, so i stopped it.

When creating the ticket, i wasn't given the option to file it under Enterprise Manager; maybe someone can move it to a queue that is more appropriate. Thanks
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Enterprise Manager 6.5 upgrade problems

Post by Gostev »

Thanks for including support case ID for future reference. This issue has not been reported before, so I have no idea what this might be caused by... but, since you are saying EM is already uninstalled - why not just perform a new install?
jlsung
Influencer
Liked: never

Post by jlsung »

Same issue. Some solutions ?
mrt
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by mrt »

jlsung wrote:Same issue. Some solutions ?
i went ahead with the reinstall and it seems to have worked. no data was lost. support said they are looking into why it happens.
homerjnick
Expert
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Nick Mahlitz

Post by homerjnick »

I had this exact same issue...uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing as it is failing at the upgrade SQL database section and no matter whether you are installing or upgrading it still detects an existing database and fails to upgrade it.

What I had to do, at supports request, was rename the SQL database and recreate it during the Enterprise Manager install...

I was told that they are researching why it doesn't upgrade...
jlsung
Influencer

Post by jlsung »

I 've made a new installation with the old database to keep data but the error occurs again. :(
homerjnick wrote:I had this exact same issue...uninstalling and reinstalling did nothing as it is failing at the upgrade SQL database section and no matter whether you are installing or upgrading it still detects an existing database and fails to upgrade it.

What I had to do, at supports request, was rename the SQL database and recreate it during the Enterprise Manager install...

I was told that they are researching why it doesn't upgrade...
Ok, I'll try
homerjnick
Expert

Post by homerjnick »

Hang on...you need to read this: http://www.veeam.com/KB1109
Cokovic
Veteran
Liked: 59 times
Full Name: Haris Cokovic

Post by Cokovic »

Is this a local or a remote database?

If it's a remote database did you check the appropriate rights on it? In my case every upgrade error that occured during the sql update were security related when using a remote db.
homerjnick
Expert

Post by homerjnick »

Local or Remote doesn't matter in as much as it is rights that are important as you correctly state...what you do need is db_owner permission set against the account you are using for Enterprise Manager database...
jlsung
Influencer

Post by jlsung »

There is no folder "Veeam Backup Reporting" in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VeeaM\
I have renamed database but I still have an error. I'll open a case
babarc
Influencer

Post by babarc »

Hello, I have the same issue..... any news?
Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Paolo,

I cannot locate jlsung ticket number in our support tracking system, but based on the OPs case and similar issues reported to our support team, the solution was either to re-install EM or use the KB article mentioned above. Anyway, it's better to check the current state of this issue with our support team directly.

Thank you!
babarc
Influencer

Post by babarc »

I read the KB but there is not key with this name, and in the KB i see that it is valid only for version 5
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I assume you just need to create this key manually, but still better check with support.
aschwalbe
Lurker
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Andrew Schwalbe

Post by aschwalbe » 1 person likes this post

I had the same problem except my error was on Line 2641. This was followed by another error in a window titled "VmaRegisterWMISvc" with the error stating "The system cannnot find the file specified." I also noticed that after this error occured, although my VeeamBackupReporting database was still present, the shortcut to Enterprise Manager on the desktop was gone, as were all the registery settings related to VeeamBackupReporting. I tried manually adding the registry setting and running the install, same problem. Furthermore, it seemed to be completely removed as the installer now asked me for my license key file (the first time I attempted the upgrade, it was auto detected that the software was already installed). It was also gone from add/remove programs.

My ultimate workaround was to detach the VeeamBackupReporting database from SQL and rename the MDF and LDF files - only for keeping a backup - I will probably delete the files in a week or two. I then ran the installer again and allowed it to create a brand new database. Once installed, I just had to add my backup server again and a few other minor configurations and now I'm back in business. Biggest downside is I lost any historical data that was in the old database, but I'm ok with this.