Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
mroetgerink
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Martijn Roetgerink

High CPU usage Veeam One

Post by mroetgerink »

Hi,

I encounter high CPU usage (almost constantly between 30% and 50%) on our Veeam ONE monitoring server. VeeamDCS.exe seems to be the problem. The hardware is a 6 core AMD Opteron 4226 with 8GB. I'm using the build in SQL version. Veeam ONE 6.5.0.676 with patch KB1700.

Kind regards
Martijn
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: High CPU usage Veeam One

Post by veremin »

Hi, Martijn. VeeamDCS.exe is the process responsible for data collection. So, I’m wondering how many hosts, VMs and datastores are being monitored with this installation?

Thanks.
mroetgerink
Novice

Post by mroetgerink »

It is monitoring 16 hosts with 35 Datastores (servers have local storage) and 130 Virtual Machines. Veeam One is running on Server 2008R2 (as are 3 other repositories) and the Virtual Hosts are running Server 2012 with Hyper-V v3.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Having in mind your infrastructure scale, as well as, the fact that both of the roles (SQL-server, VeeamONE) are deployed on this server, I wouldn’t say that the CPU rate (30-50%) you see is that high - It's expected, actually.

As a workaround for decreasing CPU rate, it might be worth moving SQL server to a separate machine.

Furthermore, what instance of SQL-server is being used in your case?
You should be aware that Express edition does have a number of limitations covered here.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
mroetgerink
Novice

Post by mroetgerink »

Thx for your answer. I'm using the Express version of SQL as it comes with Veeam One. I'll try to move it.

Kind regards
Martijn