Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
nreutemann
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Nicolas Reutemann

enabling synthetic full

Post by nreutemann »

I hope someone can helpme.

I got a couple of jobs configured on the "standard way", active full on friday and incrementals from monday to thursday, with 11 restore points on disk. So I got 2 weeks and the current week on disk.
When I install Veeam for the first time (v5.0), I configure the backup jobs to do "syntethic fulls" and "transform previous ..." but i got some errors in the transformation process and the backups chains was broken (this happens a lot of times) so, i change the configuration of all jobs to the "standard way".

Now, I want to re-try the synthetic + transform method again and i want to know if all i need to do is change the jobs configuration or there is another work to do.

Thanks a lot for your time and responses.

Regards, Nicolas.

Sorry for my bad english.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: enabling synthetic full

Post by foggy »

Nicolas, I've split your post to a new topic since it is not related to the topic you've originally posted in.

Yes, you can just enable synthetic fulls with transform in the job settings, disable active fulls (if this is part of your strategy) and the job will perform synthetic according to the specified schedule.
nreutemann
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Nicolas Reutemann

Re: enabling synthetic full

Post by nreutemann »

Sorry, I don´t start a new thread because I think that was the right place for post it.

Ok, today I will change only one job for test and post here the results.

Thanks.