Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
hzhang@nowcom.com
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Howard Zhang

Virtual LAB Multiple Masquerade networks

Post by hzhang@nowcom.com »

hi, I restored 2 VMs in Virtual LAB(one domain controller, one SQL server, will add one exchange server later), they are in different vlans in Production, so I created multiple masquerade network for them. Surebackup job is successful. I can restore AD component back to Production AD. I can restore SQL tables back to Prod SQL server if using sa account. The problem is I can't using domain account for SQL recovery. It seems SQL server can't communicate with domain controller in the LAB. How can I solve this problem? Exchange server will also need to communicate with domain controller and they are also in different vlan.

Thanks
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2843 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Virtual LAB Multiple Masquerade networks

Post by tsightler »

There is an option in the network setup to enable routing between the networks in thw isolated environment. Did you enable this option. I apologize that I don't currently remember the exact screen and I'm not currently in a place to be able to access my lab, but it's in there.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Go to the "Networking" window in the Virtual Lab settings -> Choose "Advanced configuration" -> Network Settings -> "Route network traffic between vNICs".

Hope this helps.
Thanks.
hzhang@nowcom.com
Novice

I did check that one and I also tried giving two masquerade network same vlan ID "0" but no luck.
hzhang@nowcom.com
Novice

vNIC 1: Veeam LAB VLAN 70; IP: 10.70.1.11/24; Masq IP: 10.255.1.x
vNIC 2: Veeam LAB VLAN 502; IP: 10.111.2.54/24; Masq IP: 10.255.2.x
hzhang@nowcom.com
Novice

The error message: "Failed to connect to server 10.255.2.37(Masq IP for SQL server), Cannot generate SSPI contect." If I chose SQL authentication instead of Windows authentication, it will work fine. Any idea?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Post by Gostev »

Since SQL authentication demonstrates that there is no problems with network connectivity, the issue is not with the Veeam virtual lab... it might be best for you to post an inquiry on SQL admin forums, unless some knowledgeable SQL admin will come by and notice this topic.