Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
raphaelmsx
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Raphael

Backup & Replication integration into ONE

Post by raphaelmsx »

Hi,

Just installed ONE to evaluate it, tried to integrate B&R into it, but got "access denied" on the configuration screen.

Couldn't find any option to post a screenshot in this message, so here's the full error: "Veem ONE Monitor could not connect to "host.net". Access is denied. Please verify user credentials and try again."

The machine is running Windows 2008 R2 SP1, it's not part of any domain, I tried connecting with administrator local account and another account with admin rights.

The same machine runs both B&R and ONE.

How to fix this?

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Backup & Replication integration into ONE

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Raphael,

Does the user account used to connect to backup server belong to any Veeam Backup security group?

Thanks!
raphaelmsx
Influencer

Post by raphaelmsx »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Hi Raphael,

Does the user account used to connect to backup server belong to any Veeam Backup security group?

Thanks!
Hi, there's no such group, there's only "Veeam ONE Administrators", "Veeam ONE Users" and "Veeam ONE Dashboard viewers".

Anyway, I manually created a "Veeam Backup" group and added the user account, but the problem still persists.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Sorry for the confusion, but can you open Veeam backup console with the same user account you've specified in the connection settings?
raphaelmsx
Influencer

Post by raphaelmsx »

Vitaliy S. wrote:Sorry for the confusion, but can you open Veeam backup console with the same user account you've specified in the connection settings?
Yes, but it doesn't ask for any credentials, I just login to the server using the same credentials, double-click on the Veeam backup console and it opens automatically.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you please confirm that you're running Veeam B&R version 6.5? If yes, then I guess it's better to contact our technical support team for further troubleshooting, as debug logs review is required.
raphaelmsx
Influencer

Post by raphaelmsx » 1 person likes this post

Vitaliy S. wrote:Can you please confirm that you're running Veeam B&R version 6.5? If yes, then I guess it's better to contact our technical support team for further troubleshooting, as debug logs review is required.
Installed everything on a new VM and it's working fine now.

Probably some left over on the other VM was conflicting and generating the error, will evaluate the whole solution now.

Thank you.