Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
marcottt
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Marco Tonoli

move veeamone to new hardware

Post by marcottt »

Sorry if is a stupid question but i cannot find info about,

i need to move actual installation of veeamone to a new hardware, db standard (not external sql). Same in new hardware.

There is a path for this migration? Can install in same windows with veeam B&R default DB (i think no.. i'm wrong?)

Thanks
Marco
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: move veeamone to new hardware

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Marco,

Yes, there is a way. See this support KB article for more info: http://www.veeam.com/kb_articles.html/kb1592
marcottt wrote:Can install in same windows with veeam B&R default DB (i think no.. i'm wrong?)
Yes, you can, but Veeam B&R is using SQL Server Express by default too.

Thanks!
marcottt
Enthusiast

Post by marcottt »

Thanks Vitaliy for your answer, but i don't understand.... i move all installation, not only the db. So what i need to do ? I do a clean install with default db, stop db services and then copy db file or something else ?
windows machine will have name & ip different, maybe also installation path different, this is not a problem?

thanks
marco
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Oh, in this case you can move the existing database to the SQL Server and then specify new SQL Server with the attached database during the installation process.
marcottt
Enthusiast

Post by marcottt »

but during installation process, new db server not already exist because the installation process itself will create the new db service.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

marcottt wrote:i need to move actual installation of veeamone to a new hardware, db standard (not external sql). Same in new hardware.
Based on your comment above I assumed that you already have a SQL Server installed on the new server, so moving existing Veeam ONE database to that server and then selecting it during installation process is the easiest way to migrate the database and all Veeam ONE components.

If you want to use SQL Server Express (included to our setup) on the new hardware, then you can install everything in the default configuration, stop all services and then replace the fresh database with the old one, should also work.
marcottt
Enthusiast

Post by marcottt »

sorry, maybe my english is not good.

Old server veeamone: windows standard, db integrated (express ?), NO external SQL

new server: new from scratch so NO internal or external DB.

There is an move and/or upgrade path ?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

As mentioned above, in this case the procedure should look like this:

1) On a new server: install everything from the scratch.
2) Then, after the VeeamOne installation has successfully taken place, stop all services and then replace the fresh database with the old one. For more information regarding required steps please refer to this KB article.

Thanks.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Alternatively you can follow these steps:

1. Install SQL Server Express on the new server manually (you can download it from the Microsoft site or browse Veeam ONE ISO image for the setup bits)
2. Copy Veeam ONE database from the old SQL Server and attach it to the new one (via SQL Management Studio)
3. Start the installation of Veeam ONE and point your setup to the existing database with already attached database

Let me know if that helps!