Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
mikegodwin
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Mike Godwin

Quick Migrate question

Post by mikegodwin »

I have noticed when I use Quick Migrate (great feature!) to move VMs from an old vSphere cluster without vMotion to our new cluster, after the migration, I have to manually connect the vNIC and select the network to connect the VM to. Is that the expected behavior, or is there a way to have it automatically connect to the network after migration?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Quick Migrate question

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Mike,

Yes, you're right this setting is not available in the GUI wizard, but thanks for the feedback. Let me check if it is possible to add this option in the next releases.

Thanks!
mikegodwin
Enthusiast

Post by mikegodwin »

A couple of other requests on this feature:

1. Add email notification option. Right now I have to check back periodically to see if the job is finished.
2. Allow to schedule a Quick Migration. Right now I need to time the Quick Migrate so the final reboot will happen after business hours. With several VMs of different sizes, I have to manually kick off jobs throughout the day. It would be much more helpful if I could schedule them.

Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Thanks for the suggestions, make sense to me.
nlaurino
Influencer
Full Name: Nick Laurino

[MERGED] Can You Schedule a Migration Job?

Post by nlaurino »

We are using VEEAM 6.5 as part of our Migration of our VM's to a new location (COLO). We have already migrated 18 of them with great success. We have a few left and I would really like to be able to schedule them instead of having them run right after I click on 'Finished'. The reason is we are wasting a lot of time in between jobs during the maintenane window that can be used to migrate when one job completes until the next is configured.

I would like to be able to schedule them to start at a certain day and time instead of having to configure the jobs at the time I want them to run. Is ths possible?

Thanks,

Nlaurino
Nick Laurino
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Nick, currently Quick Migration jobs do not provide scheduling capabilities, however thanks for the feedback.
nlaurino
Influencer
Full Name: Nick Laurino

Post by nlaurino »

Thanks. Guess I will just have some late nights.
Nick Laurino
mikegodwin
Enthusiast

Post by mikegodwin »

nlaurino wrote:Thanks. Guess I will just have some late nights.
Hang in there, I feel your pain. I was setting alarms for all hours of the night to check on it. But without Quick Migrate it would been almost impossible for us, so I'm thankful I had it.