Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
VladV
Expert
Liked: 25 times
Full Name: Vlad Valeriu Velciu

Cancel active failover

Post by VladV »

First of all I have to mention that I haven't opened a support case because I think I am missing something simple to solve my problem. If it is necessary I will open a support ticket.

I had a vcenter crash and thought that failing over was a faster method than restoring from backup.

I then wanted to move it to production but had to do it manually because the host for replicas wasn't in the same cluster as the production ones.

I am now in the situation where I performed a failover to production manually but still have an active task in Replicas. How can I cancel it? I tried undo failover and permanent failover but it fails because it cannot find the actual replica.

Please help.
VladV
Expert

Re: Cancel active failover

Post by VladV »

OK, I managed to cancel the job by clicking Replicas in the Backup&Rep tree then removing it from Replicas.

Cheers
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Glad you've nailed it by yourself, however, what you could do is to perform permanent failover task (in Veeam) first and then migrate the VM to production, this would not leave any active tasks in Veeam B&R console. Thanks.
VladV
Expert

Post by VladV »

Thank your for the tip, I haven't thought about it.