Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
estark
Lurker
Liked: never

Replication can't find destination server

Post by estark »

Hopefully someone can answer my question. I have Veeam 7 running. I have a clustered server being backed up. I have been able to successfully backup this cluster. If I try to run a replication job to a standalone Hyper-V server, it doesn't show up as a destination server. Only the cluster shows up.

I have added the standalone server to the Backup Infrastructure successfully and I have tried just typing in the machine name in the search for what server to use as the destination. This worked in the previous version of Veeam.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Replication can't find destination server

Post by veremin »

Assuming that I’ve got your point correctly, you’re trying to replicate given VMs within one cluster, right? If so, can you try to add a “source” host (not only a target one) as a standalone, instead of a cluster, and see whether it helps or not? Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replication can't find destination server

Post by foggy »

Am I understanding right that you're trying to replicate one or several VMs residing in the cluster to the host that is the member of the same cluster, adding it as standalone Hyper-V host?

If you're positive this worked in v6.5, I suggest opening a case for investigation as in this case it should also work in the new version.