Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
Dan!ele
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniele

Unable to backup: Access denied.

Post by Dan!ele »

Hi everybody,
I just registered to submit a problem.
I just updated to 7.0 (VEEAM B&R) and I'm tryng to configure a working tape backup job. If I create a file backup job, everything works fine. If I create a backup to tape and run it, it fail with the following error:
"Unable to backup: Access denied." I tried to configure it joined to a VMs backup job or to a backup repository, but the result is the same.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Daniele
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Unable to backup: Access denied.

Post by veremin »

Hi, Daniele. Before we dig deeper into it – can you confirm that there is no other tape software installed in your environment and that you use common Windows drivers not specific ones? Also, are there any external activities that might lock a given backup file? Thanks.
Dan!ele
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniele

Post by Dan!ele »

Hi Eremin.
On the backup server there is installed BackExec 2010, but all services are down and i updated the autoloader drivers with the official ones. Also, the file backups do work, i've scheduled a physical server backup and it gave no problem.
There are no external activity that can lock the backup files, I also excluded them from antivirus check.
Any idea?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Daniele,

In case you stopped services and updated device drivers - I suggest you to contact with our support team and provide them all the troubleshooting info, as such behavior is unexpected.

Thank you.