Unable to backup: Access denied.

Everything about backing up to tape

Unable to backup: Access denied.

Veeam Logoby Dan!ele » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:55 am

Hi everybody,
I just registered to submit a problem.
I just updated to 7.0 (VEEAM B&R) and I'm tryng to configure a working tape backup job. If I create a file backup job, everything works fine. If I create a backup to tape and run it, it fail with the following error:
"Unable to backup: Access denied." I tried to configure it joined to a VMs backup job or to a backup repository, but the result is the same.

Is anybody else experiencing this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Daniele
Dan!ele
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Daniele

Re: Unable to backup: Access denied.

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:19 am

Hi, Daniele. Before we dig deeper into it – can you confirm that there is no other tape software installed in your environment and that you use common Windows drivers not specific ones? Also, are there any external activities that might lock a given backup file? Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 968 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby Dan!ele » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:26 am

Hi Eremin.
On the backup server there is installed BackExec 2010, but all services are down and i updated the autoloader drivers with the official ones. Also, the file backups do work, i've scheduled a physical server backup and it gave no problem.
There are no external activity that can lock the backup files, I also excluded them from antivirus check.
Any idea?
Dan!ele
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Daniele

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:11 am

Daniele,

In case you stopped services and updated device drivers - I suggest you to contact with our support team and provide them all the troubleshooting info, as such behavior is unexpected.

Thank you.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Tape