Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
jtupeck
Enthusiast
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Jason Tupeck

ESX host bios uuid "" under connection host "" was not found

Post by jtupeck »

I removed a server from the cluster, rebuilt/upgraded it and then returned it to the cluster. I am now having this issue when attempting to start a virtual lab. Replication jobs seem to be working alright, but this is the first time I am attempting a SureBackup job with some replica servers that have been pushed to our DR site while testing Veeam B&R out for my organization. I did a search here and found this: http://www.veeam.com/kb1063

Similar, but not the exact same issue. Regardless, I attempted to remove the license as specified in that article, but the host wasn't even found in the list of licensed servers... I'm still learning all this, but would like to know if anyone has any insight on this.

Error below:
9/9/2013 10:41:56 AM Error Error: Esx host with bios uuid '37303335-3937-5532-5830-30383030464b' under connection host 'WC-IT-VCENTER02' was not found
jtupeck
Enthusiast

Re: ESX host bios uuid "" under connection host "" was not f

Post by jtupeck »

As an added note, I just recreated the replication job and it is still giving me the same error when I attempt to start up a virtual lab with any of the replicas in that job.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Can you run a rescan task on your vCenter Server node in the backup console? If it doesn't help, then please contact our technical team for assistance directly. BTW, have you tried recreating the virtual lab VM?
jtupeck
Enthusiast

Post by jtupeck »

Thanks for the reply. I have done a rescan, to no avail. Also, the vLab is actually a new lab that was set up today, post host upgrades. I have submitted to support, but it takes quite some time to hear a response, I am finding.
VER
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Wouter

Post by VER »

Im having exactly the same problem, how did you resolve the issue?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Have you tried to rescan the vCenter server, as suggested above?

Since the op didn’t provide the support ticket number, nor did he update the topic with the found resolution, it’s not possible to understand how the issue was resolved. So, if the proposed procedure doesn’t work for you, feel free to open your own ticket and let support team investigate it directly.

Thanks.
VER
Influencer

Post by VER » 1 person likes this post

Yes, I did. No luck however.

My support case number is 00457454. (for reference)
davidb1234
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: David Borden

Post by davidb1234 » 1 person likes this post

I have the same problem. I also have support case 00456694 open.

In my case this is our DR site with a 6.5 to 7 patch 1 upgrade recently. I created my first virtual lab on that server, application group, and surebackup job because I wanted to test surebackup for replicas. Unfortunately it bombs out immediately with this error:

Additional Details: 10/8/2013 6:17:59 AM Getting virtual lab configuration 10/8/2013 6:19:45 AM Starting virtual lab routing engine 10/8/2013 6:19:46 AM Error Error: Esx host with bios uuid '36343035-3333-584d-5130-303130374346' under connection host 'xxxxx.xxxx.xxx' was not found 10/8/2013 6:19:46 AM Stopping virtual lab routing engine 10/8/2013 6:19:48 AM Error Error: Esx host with bios uuid '36343035-3333-584d-5130-303130374346' under connection host 'xxxx.xxx.xxx' was not found 10/8/2013 6:19:51 AM Job finished 10/8/2013 6:19:51 AM Sending email report

This veeam server has never had a virtual lab, app group, or surebackup job created and we have never manually modified the veeam database(first question from support). I have an appointment today to work on this.
davidb1234
Expert
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: David Borden

Post by davidb1234 » 2 people like this post

The resolution was for Veeam support to webex in and manually modify a UUID for our ESX host but unsure how this was caused.
VER
Influencer

Post by VER »

Just finshed a webex session with support, they now have a powershell script which fixes the issue.
Don't know if I'm supposed to share the script, I think it is best that you contact support.

You need to have powercli installed.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Yep, it’s typically not recommended to share the fixes gotten from support team, since only support team can surely understand whether or not user experiences the known issue and whether or not the fix is applicable in the user’s situation.

Additionally, once they’re convinced that the fix works for everyone, they will create a KB article regarding it.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your findings; much appreciated.
m.novelli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 84 times
Full Name: Marco Novelli

Post by m.novelli »

Hi, this happens frequently to me: instead of upgrading ESXi hosts generally I reinstall them from scratch. Then the day after I receive the mail from Veeam Backup plenty of errors...

Error: Host with uuid '4c4c4544-0056-4810-804a-c6c04f58344a' was not found

Generally with Veeam 6.5 and previous versions I was used to solve this error going in "Licensed Hosts" and removing all hosts

With Veeam 7.0 didn't yet happened this problem

Marco
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I would say this is expected in case of reinstalling hosts from scratch, since on registering the host in VI anew it gets new ID.
YoMarK
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Mark

Post by YoMarK »

Upgraded to veeam v7 yesterday(r2a patch installed also), and created a completely new SureBackup job today. Wont run(Esx host with bios uuid error). Did a vCenter rescan, problem is still there. Can't find this specific problem on the Knowledge base.
Could you please share the solution please?
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Mark, as it is stated above, our technical support has the fix for this issue, please contact them directly.
YoMarK
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Mark

Post by YoMarK » 1 person likes this post

Good news is, I just upgraded to Patch3(.833) and the problem seems to be solved, although in the release notes it's not mentioned under fixed issues as far as I can see.
(Using SureBackup for replica's by the way!)
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

According to QC, the fix for the particular issue discussed in this thread above was not included in patch 3, so probably you were experiencing some kind of another but similar one (logs review is required to verify that). Glad you could resolve it though.