Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
ijefferson
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ian Jefferson

FLR Volume collected in VeeamOne

Post by ijefferson »

Hi

I don't seem to be having much luck at the moment.

I had to restore some files to our Veeam B&R/One server and so I did so in the usual way.

Interestingly at the time the backup was taken the drive was low on space, which I fixed in time for the next backup.

When I did the FLR, Veeam One seems to have picked up the path that it used and detected it was low on space. Now when I resolve the alarm it reappears soon after with the same trigger.

Can I get Veeam One either to ignore the FLR path for volumes or just remove the erroneous data that exists for this server at the moment?

Thanks
ijefferson
Influencer

Re: FLR Volume collected in VeeamOne

Post by ijefferson »

Never mind. Posted this and then inspiration hit.

Ran an empty File Level Restore job from a backup after the space issue was resolved and a couple of minutes later the alarm resolved it's self.

I do find it odd that Veeam One would pick up the File Level Restore path and report on that metric as well as the live VM.

Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Ian,

Nice workaround, very smart! But I would stull expect FLR path to be removed from VM configuration once the volume you restore files from is unmounted. Be aware that we retrieve this kind of information via VMware Tools, so the first thing that I would check is the health state and the version of these tools on the backup server.

Thanks!
ijefferson
Influencer

Post by ijefferson »

Hi Vitaliy

I've just checked the server and VMTools are are reporting as running, upto date and reporting back as healthy.

The version we are currently running on is 8.6.10 build 913593, which I'm presuming corresponds to the version of vCenter we are on which is 5.0 update 2.

Thanks. :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Next time you see it, please contact our technical team to verify what configuration this VM has in Managed Object Browser. I believe that information about mounted volume might not be cleared in a timely manner for some reason and our engineers would be able to detect that.
ijefferson
Influencer

Post by ijefferson »

Well I've had the same occur with a different VM this time so will open a case tomorrow about it.

Thanks. :)
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Ian, I would appreciate if you could update this topic with your ticket number, so I could also track it.
ijefferson
Influencer

Post by ijefferson »

Hi Vitaliy

I've opened the case now, case number 00481886

Thanks

Ian