Francisko34
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: François CROS

Problem during backup of a server in veaam

Post by Francisko34 »

Hi all,

When i try to backup a new vmware machine on veeam, the job fail with message :
"Production datastore 'LUN-IFSI-SECDIR' is getting low on free space (1,2 GB left), and may run out of free disk space completely due to open snapshots.
Error: Insufficient free disk space on production datastore 'LUN-IFSI-SECDIR'."

But I have enough space on the datastore where the machine is stored and enough space on the datastore used by veeam to save the machine.

Please help me ! :)
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Problem during backup of a server in veaam

Post by veremin »

Can you confirm that there is sufficient amount of free space on production datastore ("LUN-IFSI-SECDIR") to hold helper VB&R snapshots and also that during backup and replication jobs this amount doesn’t fall below the threshold specified in setting of VB&R (Menu -> Options -> Notification)?

If you can confirm it, kindly, contact our support team and let them investigate this behavior directly.

Thanks.
westinbuilding
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Nick Su

Post by westinbuilding »

v.Eremin.

Could you please define what is "sufficient amount of free space" is needed to satisfy Veeam?

On my installation, the notification is set at either 10GB or 10%...so if my VM guest is 100GB, I just need 10GB of free space on the datastore for the snapshot?

Thanks..
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

westinbuilding wrote:Could you please define what is "sufficient amount of free space" is needed to satisfy Veeam?
Not Veeam but VMware, actually. This post should answer your questions.