Host-based backup of VMware vSphere VMs.
vertices
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Rob Miller

Unable to replicate vCenter VM on 7.0.0.764

Post by vertices »

We have 2 dedicated physical Veeam servers. 1 in production and 1 in DR site. We also have a dedicated 2008 R2 VM for vCenter in production. We had some issues with replication jobs so we recently reseeded everything including the vCenter VM. All of that is working great now for all VMs, except for the vCenter VM. We can back it up just fine using the same proxies, but the replication job gets to the exact same spot every time and then just hangs and the jobs just sits running forever. We get to 45%, or 28.7 out of 50GB and it just runs and runs but doesn't proceed.

I know Veeam 7 can properly identify and handle backing up vCenter now. The backup jobs runs just fine. The replication jobs starts to run fine and then just hangs. Any ideas as to what could be the cause? vCenter used to replicate just fine before we reseeded everything and applied the latest Veeam patch. We are running the latest version of Veeam, 7.0.0.764.

Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Unable to replicate vCenter VM on 7.0.0.764

Post by foggy »

Rob, I recommend contacting support with this, they will be able to locate the particular operation the job stucks on after reviewing your log files.
vertices
Enthusiast
Liked: 13 times
Full Name: Rob Miller

Re: Unable to replicate vCenter VM on 7.0.0.764

Post by vertices »

Looks like the SonicWALLs are clamping down on it due to a detection of http://software.sonicwall.com/applicati ... v_id=35068

Probably a false positive but need to make sure before I exclude. Thanks.