Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V in a single System Center Operations Manager Console
Shamil
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Shamil

i don't see hosts in scom

Post by Shamil »

In _vcenter Compute Topology diagram I see only 4 elements Vcenter group --> vcenter (name) --> Datacenter (name) --> Cluster (name).
I do not see any host, the Cluster is the last element.
I don't see any host In vSphere Host folder too.

Agent proxy is enabled.
Resend topology and cofigure health service are successfully runned.
Collector service credentials are in the local admin group on vcenter and scom management server.
There is no error and i see all hosts in the veeam virtualisation extension web interface , but i don't see hosts in scom.
How can i fix this issue?
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Re: i don't see hosts in scom

Post by sergey.g »

Hi Shamil,

This looks like some exotic issue to me. We would highly appreciate if you can sumbit a ticket to our gurus in tech support team. Please attach collector logs("Help > Export Logs" in web UI) and Operations Manager(both agent and server side) event logs to the support ticket. You can contact our support team at http://cp.veeam.com.

All objects which have been already discovered (datacenters, vcenters, clusters) are in the same discovery script with ESX hosts, so it looks like some weird issue with collection or with SCOM discovery. We need more information to understand the root cause.

Thanks.
plpawzaw
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by plpawzaw »

Hello Shamil,
Please tell me, did the support solved your case? I ask because I have similar problem.
sergey.g
Veteran
Liked: 76 times
Full Name: Sergey Goncharenko

Post by sergey.g »

Hello,

I would definitely recommend to open contact our tech support team. They were able to fix the issue for Shamil.

Mostly such an issue is caused by the known limitation which we discovered with older 6.0 version of our MP - sometimes when certain object in vCenter is removed or reconfigured incorrectly(so that even VI Client returns an error when you are trying to see object properties) they could have unsupported values in properties. Under such circumstances Veeam MP 6.0 could fail to process the topology and you would experience issues with discovering topology by SCOM. Sometimes this could happen because of incorrectly removed VM disks, for instance VM with broken RDM disk link. In VI Client such disk will produce an error if you try to open its properties.

To understand what exactly is happening with your environment we need to know more information, our techical support team will ask you to send us all necessary information and after short investigation I'm sure they'll resolve your issue.

Thanks.