Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Data Platform
gashmore
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Graham Ashmore

Upgrade to 7.0 R2

Post by gashmore »

I have recently upgraded SCVMM to 2012 R2, we had Veeam One Version 7.0 installed and all the monitoring of our HyperV servers worked fine, I thought I would update Veeam to 7.0 R2 so R2 versions were fully supported but after the upgrade I am getting 'Host Connection Failure' on our 2008 R2 Hyper V servers only (2012 + 2012R2 HyperV hosts are reporting fine)

I have checked firewall settings, and things I can think of but I presume Veeam One R2 still supports 2008 R2 HyperV hosts?

Can you provide me with some pointers in the right direction, as there isnt an agent that gets installed I understand Veeam collects information through the vmm agent? I am getting information through SCVMM so not sure what to check next.

Regards.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Upgrade to 7.0 R2

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Graham,

In order to keep monitoring your virtual infrastructure after upgrading SCVMM to 2012 R2, you will need to update SCVMM Admin console installed on the Veeam ONE server. Did you do this?
gashmore wrote:I have checked firewall settings, and things I can think of but I presume Veeam One R2 still supports 2008 R2 HyperV hosts?
Yes, of course.

Can you please tell me what account do you use to connect to these hosts? The same as specified for SCVMM server connection?

Thank you!
gashmore
Novice
Full Name: Graham Ashmore

Post by gashmore »

HI, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes along with the upgrade of SCVMM the console was updated, I use a service account to run veeam under and a different one to connect to the hyperv hosts (both are in the appropriate administrator and Veeam One Administrators groups)

I havnt removed any users from groups - its that its just the 2008 R2 servers with the issues as this was all working before I applied the R2 update.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hmm...can you please involve our technical team in the troubleshooting process? I wonder what debug logs can say about this, should be something simple.
smurteira
Enthusiast
Full Name: Sergio Murteira

Post by smurteira »

Same problem here. SCVMM 2012 SP1, my hosts are 2008 R2. Everything running fine in Veeam One 7. I upgraded to Veeam One 7 R2 and I get Host Connection Failure. All was working well until I upgraded to Veeam One R2.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

As far as I know our technical team is working a hotfix for this issue, so please open a support case to be notified about its availability.
smurteira
Enthusiast
Full Name: Sergio Murteira

Post by smurteira »

Thank you