Management reporting and documentation
JWester
Service Provider
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Joern Westermann

Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by JWester »

Hi,

is it possible to create a report which shows all VMs which have snapshots older than x days inside a specific ressource group or folder?

Right now I have 2 difficulties:
* I cannot select a filter with a timespan for a snapshot. I can only select a specific date. (e. g. "> 2013-12-19", but not "> 3 days")
* I can only select a scope of clusters and hosts, but not ressource group or folders. I tried to find a workaround with creating Business Groups, but no success yet.

Many thanks!

Regards
Joern
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2718 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Report for snapshots older than x days

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Joern,
JWester wrote:I cannot select a filter with a timespan for a snapshot. I can only select a specific date. (e. g. "> 2013-12-19", but not "> 3 days")
Do you look at Active Snapshots report template or something else? This report has a filter that you're after.
JWester wrote:I can only select a scope of clusters and hosts, but not ressource group or folders. I tried to find a workaround with creating Business Groups, but no success yet.
Can you please elaborate on this a bit more? If you select the entire VI and then apply BV group filter it should give you the result you want.

Thanks!
JWester
Service Provider

Post by JWester »

Hi Vitaliy,
Vitaliy S. wrote: Do you look at Active Snapshots report template or something else? This report has a filter that you're after.
yes, this would work.
Vitaliy S. wrote: Can you please elaborate on this a bit more? If you select the entire VI and then apply BV group filter it should give you the result you want.
Yes, but I cannot create a matching BV group for this:
We have organized all VM in folders and/or ressource group, which are named after the organizational units responsible for the VMs. One OU shall only get the snapshots reports for the VMs inside their subtree.
I could filter through folder or ressource group.
Folders are nested, I need the parent folder, but I can only select groups from the "child" (= leaf) folder.
For ressource groups I cannot find a BV grouping expression.

many thanks
Joern
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Joern wrote:Folders are nested, I need the parent folder, but I can only select groups from the "child" (= leaf) folder.
For resource groups I cannot find a BV grouping expression.
To categorize objects with nested folders and RPs, please use our categorization rules, as these objects are "not visible" for grouping expressions.
JWester
Service Provider

Post by JWester »

Hi Vitaliy,
Vitaliy S. wrote: To categorize objects with nested folders and RPs, please use our categorization rules, as these objects are "not visible" for grouping expressions.
could you provide an example? I'm stuck.
many thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, sure. What I was referring to is static rule, see this link (page 255) for more info > http://www.veeam.com/veeamone_7_0_userg ... are_pg.pdf