Map Backup Comman

PowerShell script exchange

Re: Map Backup Comman

Veeam Logoby OmiFreak » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:51 am

Okay I created a dummy backup job with the VM in the branch office and map the job to the backup copy job files in the local repository. I use the dummy backup job as source in the application pool, it looks good because it shows the two VMs in this backup copy job.
But when I start the SureBackup job it fails powering on the VM and in the log file it looks like it still try to use the remote repository in the branch office as source.
OmiFreak
Influencer

Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Bernd Flatz

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:25 am

Then, I think that stanby backup console deployed at remote site and used mostly for backup copy job verification sounds like the best idea. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Liked: 973 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Veeam Logoby DaveVernon » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:46 pm 1 person likes this post

v.Eremin wrote:Not sure whether it helps, but you can try to create dummy backup jobs, map them on the files created by backup copy jobs, and then create SureBackup jobs, using the dummy ones. Before running surebackup jobs, you might want to disable backup copy ones temporarily.

A thousand thank-you's for this! I needed to do a one-of SureBackup to pull some data out of an application that I had to restore from my tape archives. This particular application really needs to run in the SureBackup isolated environment to get the data exported. This suggestions worked perfectly.
DaveVernon
Novice

Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Dave Vernon

Veeam Logoby cgranitz » Mon Jul 25, 2016 8:43 pm

I would like to consider using the manual method of running SureBackup jobs against our Backup Copy repository that was posted by Vitaliy S. a while ago, but I have some questions...

Can the Veeam B&R console be installed on a Windows 7 VM running on the ESXi host that is being used to run the SureBackup jobs at the Backup Copy site ?

Our repository at that site is a Windows 2012 R2 server running Windows Storage Spaces on JBOD disks. Would it be better to install the Veeam B&R console on that server instead ?

-- ChrisG
cgranitz
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Chris Granitz

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:22 pm

Are you backing up VMs running Windows Server 2012 (R2) with Deduplication role enabled? If not, it's up to install a backup server on whatever machine you want, as long as it meets system requirements. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby cgranitz » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:47 pm

Yes, I am backing up VMs that are running Windows Server 2012 R2 with the Deduplication role enabled. Does that mean I should install the Veeam B&R console on a Windows 7 VM on the ESXi host that will run the Surebackup jobs at the remote site where the Backup Copy data repository resides ?
cgranitz
Novice

Full Name: Chris Granitz

Veeam Logoby v.Eremin » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:01 am

In that case you'd better enable Data Deduplication role on your repository and install a backup console on that server, instead of deploying it on Windows 7 VM. Otherwise, file-level restore operations for those VMs are likely to fail. Thanks.
v.Eremin
Veeam Software

Veeam Logoby TheMonk » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:35 pm

Hi there, I used to be able to use the way that is described on the first page of this section. However recently when I try to use a copy job in a surebackup I get the following error:
Error: Operation is not valid due to current state of the object.

Ive checked the backup copy job that produces the copy and the status of that job is idle, so im a bit puzzled? any suggestions?
TheMonk
Influencer

Full Name: Chris Armitage

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:02 pm

Can you please tell us what changes were made to the infrastructure? Do you have this issue for all jobs/VMs?
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1104 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Veeam Logoby TheMonk » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:14 am

Vitaliy S. wrote:Can you please tell us what changes were made to the infrastructure? Do you have this issue for all jobs/VMs?

Only thing that has changed is we have moved hosts and new vcenters.

THe time time I get this issues is when trying to run a Surebackup job using a copyjobs backups.

I run the commands mentioned on this post, which re-syncs the jobs, adds the servers to an application group and then when I create and run the surebackup with that application group I get the error.

The backupCopy jobs are in IDLE status.

I know doing surebackups this way isn't supported but obviously was using the workround, mainly because like others I wish to use labs with servers from my various sites for testing purposes etc
TheMonk
Influencer

Full Name: Chris Armitage

Previous

Return to PowerShell