Management reporting and documentation
pirx
Veteran
Liked: 72 times

Verifying credentials... forever

Post by pirx »

Hi,

I'm now responsable for an existing Veeam environment, I've some basic Veeam experience and try to get an overview of the status of the env. I'm about to create a ticket, but my account seems not be registered for my company yet. I'll add the ticket ID once I was able to create it.

One thing I noticed right away: Veeam One reports are not working.

Env: 1 x Veeam B&R VM, 1 x Veeam Enterprise Manager VM, 1 x Veeam One + Reporter VM, 1 x Veeam One Web UI, couple of proxies/mount server etc.

It doesn't make a difference if I start Veeam One Reporter on the VM where the service is running or if I create a report from Veeam One Console. The login page opens in browser (IE/Edge) and I enter my AD credentials. Then "Verifying credentials" and a rotating circle is displayed for a long time. At the ende I get the message "Unsuccessful log in." The AD user that I use has all permissions for Veeam

I'm not sure where I can find the right logs, but I found something in D:\Veeam\Veeam One\Veeam ONE Reporter Web\Veeam\Veeam ONE Reporter

Code: Select all

2020-10-06 11:20:15.8631 INFO 4320 37 2400
2020-10-06 11:20:15.8631 INFO 4320 37 Disposing UserContext.
2020-10-06 11:20:15.9881 INFO 4320 37 Mode:
2020-10-06 11:20:15.9881 INFO 4320 37 Domain
2020-10-06 11:20:16.0350 INFO 4320 37 User: *xxxx\yyyy*
2020-10-06 11:20:16.0350 INFO 4320 33 Validate Credentials without domain.
2020-10-06 11:20:16.1600 INFO 4320 37 Validate Credentials: OK
2020-10-06 11:20:16.1913 INFO 4320 37 Service location:*VeeamOneServe*r
In Eventlog of Veeam One Web UI VM I see these entries - no idea if they are related.

A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the SSL client credential private key. The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x8009030D. The internal error state is 10003.
wishr
Veteran
Liked: 453 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Verifying credentials... forever

Post by wishr »

Hi Pirx,

When you encounter a technical error it's always recommended to raise a support case immediately to get a solution asap, as our ability to troubleshoot through the forum is limited. Please, let us know your case ID once you have it for reference purposes. Also note, that according to our forum rules any topic about a technical issue not having a case ID will be eventually removed by forum moderators.

Thanks
pirx
Veteran

Post by pirx »

Seems that I'm not able to edit the initla post, the ticket ID is 04426155. The login problem is resolved, there was one more place where my AD UID had to be added. We've seen some disconnects to the B&R/Enterprise Manager server in the last couple of days, I added some information about that to the ticket.

What Logfile would be the right one to check connection errors between Veeam One and the other servers?
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

Thanks for posting your case ID.

Connection errors should be mentioned in the VeeamDCS log, located in the following folder.

C:\ProgramData\Veeam\Veeam ONE Monitor\Logs\VeeamDCS.log
Thanks
pirx
Veteran

Post by pirx »

Found it. Can you also tell me where I can somehow check what the "Importing Infrastructure" task is doing? It's not showing any real progress. There are no current jobs in "VM Jobs", CPU/Mem is also not showing any data for the B&R server- I found Veeam.One.Collector log which has a ton of these messages:

2020-10-06 15:37:19.2724 210:'' ERROR 
	Collection:"WIN32_Service":"localhost":Collection task failed
	Collection task was failed.
	The collection goes into a limping state.
	The collection will be activated in accordance with the schedule.
	Exception:
	System.Management.ManagementException: Timed out 
	   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
	   at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
	   at Veeam.One.Collector.Flesh.Utils.WMI.TableCollection.collecting(CancellationToken token)
	   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute() 
2020-10-06 15:40:19.2987 214:'' ERROR 
	Exception:
	   at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
	   at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
	   at Veeam.One.Collector.Flesh.Utils.WMI.TableCollection.collecting(CancellationToken token)
2020-10-06 15:43:19.3000 374:'' ERROR 
	Exception:
wishr
Veteran

Post by wishr »

For any questions requiring logs analysis or troubleshooting, please reach out to our support engineers directly as this forum is not a replacement for official technical support channels and the team behind this forum does not provide technical support.