Dima P. wrote:No available R&D resources for this version. Though, request remains valid for the next major version.
The feature is not implemented in 9.0 right ?
But the request remains valid for the next, next major release ?
mike.r wrote:Good idea, but it is a little bit more complex than that.
- start a backup to tape job
- backup starts with tape no. 1
- during the backup job the changer sets the flag "cleaning required"
- backup job with tape1 will continue
- but!!! the backup job will not enter tape2 before the cleaning is done
- only chance to get out of the job is to cancel it manually
This is a situation I can not handle with the "before or after Tape job starts" function.
Dima P. wrote:Hello Dirk,
This feature might be implemented only after the next major release. Meanwhile, please try to work around this requirement by utilizing the built in cleaning logic of the native libraries’ software. Thanks.
nullifi wrote:I did have to switch from using BE for the tape cleaning to using my libraries cleaning functions. To be honest, I have no idea if it's even working. I haven't seen any errors or complaints, so I think it's working just fine. I should go check that.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests