Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
AUmonroe
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: AUmonroe

Tape Job with Backup Copies as Source

Post by AUmonroe »

Hello All,

We are running into some troubles with our Tape Jobs that write Backup Copies to tape. It seems that the backup copy job does not respect that a Tape job is running against these copies and the copy job seems to step on the toes of the tape job causing all types of delays and failures. I know I am not giving specifics, and I can provide more detail, but does anyone have a recommendation in regards to this type of backup copy to tape scenario? I can provides more details on what kind of errors we are seeing and anything else needed, but perhaps I am doing something not reccomended? The thought was we didn't want the tap job delaying the primary backup jobs, so why not write the copies to tape instead of the primary backups, but as I said we get all sorts of issues, and the only real remedy seems to be disabling the backup copy jobs while the tape jobs run.. manual process and just yuck.

TIA
nathano
Expert
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Nathan Oldfield

Re: Tape Job with Backup Copies as Source

Post by nathano »

have a browse through some of the other threads in the tape section. it's been discussed a few times iirc. e.g. tape-f29/v9-problem-daily-full-to-tape- ... 38966.html
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Tape Job with Backup Copies as Source

Post by Dima P. »

AUmonroe,

Mind me asking if you tried to use Prevent this job from being interrupted by source backup jobs option in tape job schedule? This check box was designed to make sure that source jobs wont interfere with the tape job. Thanks!