Backup of USB drive

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Backup of USB drive

Veeam Logoby mbjnet » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi.
I've installed Veeam Agent on my home PC for testing. I have a USB drive connnected where I store my personal data. With Veeam Agent it appears that its not possible to backup these data, because the GUI allows me only to selected internal systemdrives. Will you make it possible to select USB drives as a backup source sometime soon? :)
mbjnet
Novice

Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Jakobsen

Re: Backup of USB drive

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:21 pm

Hello mbjnet,

Thanks for the feedback! VAW does not support external media as a source but we keep tracking this request very attentively.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 417 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Veeam Logoby ChrisRoad » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:22 pm

Would be one of the features on my with list as well.
At least file based backups should be possible without any big changes to the Veeam agent, at least according to my technical knowledge ;)
ChrisRoad
Service Provider

Full Name: Christoph Roethlisberger

Veeam Logoby jglodoski » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:03 pm

I also agree that it would be very beneficial for us to include USB storage drives in the Agent backup source selection.
We have one client that has a system that must remain on BackupAssist due to requiring this functionality.

I'd love to have everything consolidated into Veeam, but they won't sign off on an internal drive addition or a virtualization project, so for the foreseeable future the only way we could get off BackupAssist entirely is to have the Agent let us select USB drives for backup.
jglodoski
Novice

Full Name: James Glodoski

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows