Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request - Backup Pause / Resume

Post by Dima P. »

Adnan,
QA team has already responded to me that they are investigating your case. I have also contacted the Endpoint support team manager to investigate why you did not received any follow up on your case. I will update this thread shortly. Thank you for your patience and sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6700 times

Post by Gostev »

danoarx wrote:BTW I am a customer of Veeam Backup and Replication since a couple of years and I worked with your support to fix alot of issues with it a couple of years ago. But for this Veeam Endpoint, I am not getting that good support.
There cannot really be a comparison between support quality for paid and free product... because as per our support policy, there is no response SLA (or even response guarantee) for free products. And for beta code, there is no support at all (whether it is paid or free product). However, each and every beta support case is reviewed by the Quality Control team. In fact, they go directly to them - so you will only get response from support if QC needs to collect more information (however at this point, most of the reported issues are already known).
lepphce1
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times

Post by lepphce1 »

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I would like to vote for this functionality as well. Sometimes the backup server/proxy needs to be rebooted. Pausing an active job across a reboot, then resuming it after the reboot would be extremely helpful. This is something that I was able to do with Commvault. Thanks!