Feature Request post backup

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Feature Request post backup

Veeam Logoby aresgodofwar30 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:49 pm

Can we have an option that remembers the state of the computer pre-backup and returns it to that state? When my computer is backed up, it may be asleep or it may be busy doing something. I'd like to avoid it running unnecessarily or going to sleep while it is busy doing something.
aresgodofwar30
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Robert

Re: Feature Request post backup

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:07 am

Hello Robert,

Backup process is running with a background priority, so you should not be worried about resource consumption unless the throttling option is enabled. (Control Panel > Settings, enabled by default). As for sleep mode – Veeam Endpoint Backup can wake your computer up according to the specified schedule and then put it back to sleep mode.

Kindly, check this article for more information about job schedule and post job activities.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 441 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Feature Request post backup

Veeam Logoby mkaec » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:38 pm

I think the request might be to have an additional finalizing action option "Return to Prior State". With this option, if VEB woke the computer to run the backup, it would return the computer to sleep. If the computer was already on, it would stay on. This is an option I'd like to see be made available.
mkaec
Expert

Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Marc K

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows