VAW backup to VBR repository failed

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

VAW backup to VBR repository failed

Veeam Logoby JardaCZ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:50 am

Dear experts,

I installed Veeam Agent or Windows (VAW) to server called "SRV-REMOTE".
We use Veeam Backup and Replication (VBR) on server called "SRV-CORP" with NAS repository.

what I already did:
VBR is 9.5 with Update 1 installed.
I checked, that there is "allow to everyone" selected under "agent backup permissions" within the repository.
I added agent licence to VBR.
I set-up NAT of ports 10001 and 2500-5000 (TCP) to point "SRV-CORP". I also disabled firewall on "SRV-CORP".
I can see "agents" under jobs on VBR and its jobs (Windows Agent Backup).
I added registry key "ConnectByIPsTimeoutSec" with value "1000" to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Endpoint Backup

And now the problem:
When I run the job on agent, if fails after 2 minutes with "ERROR: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:2500"

Can you help?

Regards,
Jarda
JardaCZ
Influencer

Liked: never

Re: VAW backup to VBR repository failed

Veeam Logoby JardaCZ » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:51 am

Case # 02096627
JardaCZ
Influencer

Liked: never

Re: VAW backup to VBR repository failed

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:14 pm

Hi Jarda,

I set-up NAT of ports 10001 and 2500-5000 (TCP) to point "SRV-CORP". I also disabled firewall on "SRV-CORP".

VAW / VEB does not support backup to the Veeam B&R repository behind NAT. You should configure direct access from agent to the repository.

Another option might be to use Veeam Cloud Connect repository as a target for your agent.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 482 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows