Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
mikame
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mika Melonen

sqlite error 14 unable to open database file

Post by mikame »

hi
homelab, FREE license in use, VBO as a VM under vSphere 7.0.3 (Windows 10 22H2 Ent). Forced shutdown of VBO VM got the database corrupted. Jobs are giving "sqlite error 14" unable to open database file. I can delete the jobs and repositories, no problems, can start all over. But the problem is that even the disk is write protected. Deleting the disk and reformatting has the same effect. Adding more "physical" disks with vmware, still the same, the new disk will be write protected too.
How can I stop even new added hard disks from being write protected?
I tried the usual methods already;
disk part commands...attributes disk clear readonly etc.
I tried the registry method HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies with WriteProtect as value 0, reboot.
Still the same.

How can I start from beginning if the added disks will always be write protected?
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: sqlite error 14 unable to open database file

Post by Mildur »

Hi Mika
How can I start from beginning if the added disks will always be write protected?
That doesn't sound like a Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 issue. And this is not a support forum for technical issues.
I tried the usual methods already;
disk part commands...attributes disk clear readonly etc.
I tried the registry method HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies with WriteProtect as value 0, reboot.
Still the same.
A short google search showed me the same options you have already tried. If they do not work, I recommend to reach out to a Microsoft forum or Microsoft support. There will you get specific support for technical issues around Microsoft products.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
mikame
Influencer

Post by mikame »

ok so veeam is not protecting it in any way, sounds like windows issue. I will try to restore C drive using Veeam Backup Agent.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 will be able to protect if your operating system and it's disks are in a healthy status. But our application does not control your disk/volume if it's read only or writable.

Get the disk/volume back to full access and our product will be able to use it. You may open a support case as explained in our forum rules even for our free product offerings. Our customer support team will try to help you solve it (support on best effort for free products). But they also may you send to Microsoft support if it cannot be solved by us.
Jobs are giving "sqlite error 14" unable to open database file.
For the corruption error ESEUTIL may help. I won't post the commands, because they must be run with guidance of our support team. But if you don't get your disk back online with full access, ESEUTIL will not help.

Best,
Fabian
mikame
Influencer

Post by mikame »

Restored system drive to 5 days behind and now it is ok. This SQL error 14 likely came because VBO did not have rights to the disk with repository. Probably the main fault for all was me trying to implement Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit and Baselines for non domain computer. I was thinking to implement those to VBO and VBR, but have to be careful to implement right one.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Thank you for the update. I'm glad you could find the root cause.
Maybe "Microsoft Security Compliance Toolkit and Baselines for non domain computer" have some policy which blocks access to disks or paths. If you have the ability to manage the policies implemented by this Toolkit/baseline, ensure that the following paths and it's files or binaries remain unaffected by it: https://www.veeam.com/kb3074

Best,
Fabian