I have been working with a Veeam representative on a case I opened (#01825339). I am not 100% certain exactly when this annoyance appeared as I inherited the environment but we recently Upgraded to Veeam 9 update 1 and every time the console is opened the component upgrade window appears but no components appear listed that require an update and you have to cancel out of the window.
In working with Veeam we have attempted the following:
1. Cleaned out extraneous managed servers that are no longer in use.
2. Verified SP1 and hotfix1 were applied.
3. Reviewed the util.clientlauncher.log
4. Reviewed SVC.VeeamBackup.log
5. Rescanned all managed servers to verify no errors
6. Rescanned all WAN accelerators to verify no errors
7. Worked with Veeam support to clean up stale database entries for old managed servers
I have found multiple posts from people who have seen this behavior and wanted to see if anyone has overcome this as nothing has corrected the behavior yet and we are at the point of either living with this or attempting a reinstall which I would like to avoid.
Solved by cleaning up the configuration database:veeam-backup-replication-f2/components-update-windows-after-b-r-9-update-1-t34072.html
Any help is appreciated!