FLR : restoring to another location?

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

FLR : restoring to another location?

Veeam Logoby ghilou » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:27 pm

Is it possible to restore to another location using FLR?

It is actually a very common usecase in my organisation. For Physical servers with Veeam agent, the goal would be to have a stand by machine with the network stack configured in another subnet, where you would want to restore a single db backup file and restore the database. Or restoring files from last production backup to a training VM to make it up to date.

Most backup tools support this nativelly, and event agent less, there is no technical reason for Veeam not to. However it doesn't seem to be a supported feature.

It is so prevalent that my colleagues are starting to think of Veeam as a subpar solution because it can't do "that simple thing" that we rely on a lot.

I'm aware that i can extract files from a backup to any workstation, and copy files from here (or use the FLR appliance's FTP when applicable) but i'm looking for a more streamlined process.
ghilou
Novice

Liked: never

Re: FLR : restoring to another location?

Veeam Logoby Vitaliy S. » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:04 pm

Hello,

I'm a bit confused with your post as restoring VM guest OS files is possible to any location, original and new. See this help center page > Step 6. Save Restored Files

Thank you!
Vitaliy S.
Veeam Software

Liked: 1125 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication