Recently I needed to rename a Veeam Backup and Recovery 6.5 Patch 3 Server (Local SQL Instance), however I could not find a post that covered all aspects, So I have put this small guide together in order to help anyone who may find themselves in the same situation.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome Backup and Recovery Server 6.5
1. Rename the server in the Windows Operating System using the usual method.
3. Change registry items
\\HKLM\Software\VeeaM\Veeam Backup and Recovery\SqlServerName
\\HKLM\Software\VeeaM\Veeam Backup Catalog\SqlServerName (Should be local)
\\HKLM\Software\VeeaM\Veeam Backup Reporting\SqlServerName (Should be local)
\\HKLM\Software\VeeaM\Veeam Backup Reporting\XMLURL (http://yourserver.yourdomain.xx
4. Restart Server
5. Check the SQL Server name has changed.
6. Check the Veeam Services.Enterprise Manager
1. Uninstall the Enterprise Manager from Control Panel.
2. Open IIS and delete the Self Sign Certificate for the old server name.
3. Reinstall the Enterprise Manager component. This will connect to the existing SQL database created previously and recreate a new Self Sign Certificate.
4. Open Enterprise Manager and Edit the Backup Server Settings name.