Need site-specific persistent FLR config

Availability for the Always-On Enterprise

Need site-specific persistent FLR config

Veeam Logoby mikeely » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:36 pm

We need an FLR at Site A and another FLR at Site B so that storage is not traversing the WAN. We've set up the numerous firewall rules and exceptions required to make this work, and FLR works fine.

Here's the problem: If the last FLR was at Site A, and you need to do an FLR to Site B, you have to remember to change the ESX host, change the VLAN, and change the ip, mask, gw for the FLR.

How do we set an FLR for Site A and another for Site B such that when an FLR operation is run the correct FLR config is used rather than having to manually switch all the time?
Unless otherwise specified, I am asking about something pertaining to Linux. We use Windows as infrequently as possible, and enthusiastically seek ways to reduce that usage further.
mikeely
Enthusiast

Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Re: Need site-specific persistent FLR config

Veeam Logoby foggy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Mike, we're talking about Windows FLR, right?
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1110 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Veeam Logoby mikeely » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:55 pm

No, Linux. I should create a sig that says "Unless otherwise specified, I am not asking about an OS with a registry."
Unless otherwise specified, I am asking about something pertaining to Linux. We use Windows as infrequently as possible, and enthusiastically seek ways to reduce that usage further.
mikeely
Enthusiast

Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Mike Ely

Veeam Logoby foggy » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:15 pm

You can use Enterprise Manager to initiate FLR under two different user accounts. FLR appliance settings are stored per user in EM, so this should address your concern. After creating a second user in EM, run FLR under it from Veeam B&R UI once, so that the corresponding settings were cached.
foggy
Veeam Software

Liked: 1110 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Return to Veeam Backup & Replication