Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dschnell
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Darryl Schnell

Upgrade question

Post by dschnell »

So are failed backup jobs a problem for the upgrade to Update 4 or no, because I'm confused between the release notes and this forum thread. I have one Linux Agent job that takes days to complete and has failed a few times. It's running now, but I want to stop the job so I can get this update completed, but now I'm concerned the failed job will cause upgrade issues and I'm already beyond my breaking point when dealing with this software. Every time we touch the thing it seems like there is some kind of issue. I already had to contact support about an issue with my Veeam One installation and Replication Server is a lot more important so I'm trying to dot every T before I even start this headache.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Upgrade question

Post by Dima P. »

Hello and welcome to the community dschnell,

I've moved you post away from the forum thread in the question.
So are failed backup jobs a problem for the upgrade to Update 4 or no, because I'm confused between the release notes and this forum thread. I have one Linux Agent job that takes days to complete and has failed a few times.
No that should not be the problem. It's recommended to stop all the running activities (backup or replication jobs and restore activities) prior installing the update. The state of your backup jobs should not affect the upgrade process.
It's running now, but I want to stop the job so I can get this update completed, but now I'm concerned the failed job will cause upgrade issues and I'm already beyond my breaking point when dealing with this software.
You can stop or disable the job - that should be enough. Hope it helps, thank you!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Upgrade question

Post by PTide »

Hi,
I have one Linux Agent job that takes days to complete and has failed a few times.
Please provide some details about how it failed, what mode, what backup job settings?

Thanks!