I know this is an old post, but thank you for replying with this information. I installed Veeam Backup and Replication before changing the default generated hostname, and it was really throwing me through a loop. The fix noted at that url worked perfectly after I rebooted to reset the services. I'll relay the content here in case that sources goes away.
In my case I had renamed the computer from a default WIN234dfasd type name to a ‘much’ better alternative. Veeam refers to the local computer name in a couple of registry entries and promptly stopped working – which we didn’t notice until later.
The keys are:
- Code: Select all
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup and Replication\SqlServerName
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Veeam\Veeam Backup Catalog\CatalogSharedFolderPath
Backup of the site’s Virtual Machines is now running again.