Monitoring and reporting for Veeam Backup & Replication, VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
ajriek1970
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tony Riek

Failed to collect VMware vSphere tags data

Post by ajriek1970 »

Good Morning

We are having issues with added a vcenter server to our newly installed Veeam One. Here is the error we get.

Code: Select all

Failed to collect VMware vSphere tags data There was no endpoint listening at https://host.domainname/lookupservice/sdk that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details.
I did open a ticket (04728324) but thought I would ask everyone here. Thoughts??

wishr
Veeam Software
Liked: 298 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Re: Failed to collect VMware vSphere tags data

Post by wishr » 1 person likes this post

Hi Tony,

Welcome to Veeam R&D Forums.

It looks like an environment-specific issue. Our support engineers should be able to tell more based on the logs analysis.

Thanks

ajriek1970
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Tony Riek

Post by ajriek1970 »

-----UPDATE-----

The issue is now resolved. Veaam One was unable to resolve the new vcenter server. Once I fixed that, I added the vcenter server to the domain. I changed the Veeam One side to access the vcenter with a new domain account and we have a winner. Everything is now green.

wishr
Veeam Software
Liked: 298 times
Full Name: Fedor Maslov

Post by wishr »

Hi Tony,

Thanks for coming back with the results. Glad to see the issue has been resolved.