Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
haslund
VeeaMVP
Liked: 149 times
Full Name: Rasmus Haslund

Re: VMCE v9 - Another exam to take

Post by haslund »

Sorry for hear about that and this is obviously not how we would like to operate - let me help you make this right.

I can see you in my system as having passed the VMCE v8 exam on November 12th 2015 with a 80% score (congrats! that's a nice score 8) )
For sitting the exam at Pearson VUE you used your personal e-mail (@outlook.com).

To obtain VMCE certification it is also a requirement to have attended a VMCE class, so I looked your name up in my list of class attendees.
I'm not sure if this is indeed you, but I can see a Greg Lamb attended a VMCE class in December 2014, however with a corporate/work e-mail.
If this is you, it may simply be the case of the system not seeing a match between a classroom attendee and a exam passer.

If you are indeed the Greg Lamb who attended the December 2014 class, please e-mail from your corporate/work e-mail to rasmus.haslund(-at-)veeam.com and I will get this sorted asap for you.
If you don't have access to that e-mail anymore, don't worry, just e-mail me all the details you do have and make sure to write which e-mail was your work e-mail at the time so I have some verification.

Looking forward to assisting you.
Rasmus Haslund | Twitter: @haslund | Blog: https://rasmushaslund.com
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

Post by ober72 »

Vue Pearson agony!!!

I received an email today saying that my exam needed to be rescheduled, no reason given. I phoned Vue Pearson and was put on hold for a long time then told that I had asked for accommodations... I did not understand them (what did I want to spend the night?), the lady was nice but told me that she could not tell and it could be language time extension, I told her that unless judging by my last name they assumed my first language was Irish (Gaelic), then I can't see how that would happen. So she transferred me to the top secret accommodation section, who told me that I had requested something to do with the screen resolution, which I had not. They kept me on the phone for a long time then transferred me to a rescheduling agent who I told that I did not need any accommodations so I would prefer not to reschedule, so I am now on hold for the 3 or 4th time while she contacts the accommodation section again. Now I am told that I need to write an email to the accommodation section for them to cancel this and then I need to call the other section and reschedule my exam. What a bloody mess!! Thought I would share this with you all in case people have had similar problems
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
haslund
VeeaMVP

Post by haslund »

This should not be happening. Thank you sending me all relevant details via e-mail (as requested in PM).
Our VMCE program manager is pursuing Pearson VUE as I am writing this.

I will let you know directly when I know more.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 » 2 people like this post

Thanks, I really appreciate this. Honestly it would have been funny if the joke was not on me. I was transferred 3 times, and finally after more than an hour ended up being transferred to the rescheduling team who were given the wrong candidate Id and told nothing about the Accommodation issue. In frustration I finally (nicely to the lady) said,, can we just not cancel this supposed request for screen resolution whatever since I have no need for this... To which I was asked to write an email asking for this to be done and then when they replied I would be allowed to phone back and reschedule. Something out of one of Kafka's novels or Bulgakov's :)
Geoff Burke
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Hi Folks,

Just an update Veeam got involved and got things moving for me. Thanks Rasmus
Geoff Burke
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Passed the exam today. Yesterday Vue Pearson called me first and apologized and helped me reschedule.. funny before Rasmus and Veeam got involved they were playing ping pong (with me as the ball) testing their phone system. :) So again Thanks Veeam for sorting this out. As for the exam.. apart from studying make sure you really read the questions and look for certain words that can change the entire result of the answer :)

My last question (I will soon get my blog status changed from "enthusiast" to "pain in the... a") How long does it take for the VMCE web page to show that I am a VMCE? and I guess when to I get my welcome pack :)

cheers
Geoff Burke
Greg Lamb
Novice
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Greg Lamb

Post by Greg Lamb » 3 people like this post

Hi Everyone,

Status update: Rasmus was able to help get things moving and am now officially VMCE certified. On-deck is the v9 upgrade course. Thanks Rasmus!
picaroon
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jeltsen Haagsma

Post by picaroon »

Yesterday I viewed the 'What's new' course for VMCE v9, but the 'My certification' page still says I haven't completed the course. Any idea?
haslund
VeeaMVP

Post by haslund »

picaroon wrote:Yesterday I viewed the 'What's new' course for VMCE v9, but the 'My certification' page still says I haven't completed the course. Any idea?
I can confirm you are VMCE v8 certified and that you have completed the What's New course for VMCE v9.
Let me investigate this issue for you and I will send you a PM when I have more information.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 »

Hi Rasmus,

I am really sorry to bug you. I have written the NA fellow but get no reply. Could you check mine as well. I passed the test last Wednesday so this is now day 8. You have been very helpful with all of this. My only suggestion to Veeam would be to include in the VMCE emails a note that confirmation of status will take so many days etc.. This is not a cheap certification and you can imagine financial types in our companies running around saying "Hey you said you passed so......" :) Not blaming any of my colleagues of course :)
Anyways I again apologize for bugging you especially when you were on vacation.
Geoff Burke
haslund
VeeaMVP

Post by haslund »

ober72 wrote:Hi Rasmus,

I am really sorry to bug you. I have written the NA fellow but get no reply. Could you check mine as well. I passed the test last Wednesday so this is now day 8. You have been very helpful with all of this. My only suggestion to Veeam would be to include in the VMCE emails a note that confirmation of status will take so many days etc.. This is not a cheap certification and you can imagine financial types in our companies running around saying "Hey you said you passed so......" :) Not blaming any of my colleagues of course :)
No problem at all, I'm already investigating this and will reply to you via PM (since it seems for some reason you didn't get my last e-mail). Happy to help.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Yeah, sorry I did not seem to get it. Thanks again. I will say one thing the Veeam forum is one of the best that I have ever dealt with for any of my issues with a product. It is a very powerful resource

cheers

Geoff
Geoff Burke
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Rasmus gets my vote for Veeam Employee of the Month, issue fixed.. I guess if he shows up in my city I will be buying the beer :)

Thanks Rasmus!!!!!
Geoff Burke
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Post by Gostev »

That's very nice of Rasmus of course, but please keep in mind that this is a public forum thread. Everyone who ever posted in this topic are keep getting notifications on the new posts, and these posts have not been particularly useful to the masses lately, to say the least :D

Going forward, please use private messages for resolving individual certification issues.

Thank you for understanding!
haslund
VeeaMVP

Post by haslund »

For reference, in case anyone needs assistance in the future reg. VMCE, please contact our VMCE program managers:
VMCE.Support.EMEA(-at-)veeam.com (EMEA region)
mark.johnston(-at-)veeam.com (NA region)
Sara.Wilson(-at-)veeam.com (LATAM region)

Thank you in advance.
rhys.hammond
Veeam Software
Liked: 15 times
Full Name: Rhys Hammond

Post by rhys.hammond » 1 person likes this post

I've created an unofficial VMCE v9 practice exam if anyone is after some more help studying for the VMCE exam.
You can find the practice exam here; http://rhyshammond.com/?quiz=vmce_v9
Veeam Certified Architect | Author of http://rhyshammond.com | Veeam Vanguard | vExpert
DaveyOh
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Davey

Post by DaveyOh »

Hi Rasmus,

I passed the VMCE v9 exam on Sept 29 with a score of 80%. When I log in to My VMCE it still shows a red X next to Pass the VMCE v9 exam at Pearson Vue local testing facility. I have sent 2 emails to Mark with copies of both the exam and a screenshot of the page. Would you be able to tell me how long it takes for the page to update and for the welcome package to arrive. I'd even be happy with a congratulations email to start. I have been using Veeam since version 5 and studied until my eyes were bleeding for the exam. I don't want to appear like I am complaining, but earning this certification was a a personal goal for me and is more important than any of the Microsoft or VMware certifications I've earned. Any help would be appreciated more than I could explain.

Thank you
DaveyOh
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Davey

Post by DaveyOh » 2 people like this post

I cannot begin to express my gratitude to both Rasmus and Mark Johnston for sorting this issue. I was able to download my official certificate and now feel on top of the world.
The issue was my doing in using my personal email for the test, as it is connected to payment method, and my work email for other official Veeam interactions.
Again, like champions, Rasmus and Mark sorted out this situation in a quick manner.

As a note to others, use one email to prevent causing issues for yourself.

Thanks again for helping me!!!! I could not be happier!!!