Host-based backup of Microsoft Hyper-V VMs.
bkv
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Konstantin

IP list is empty

Post by bkv »

Hello,
When I am trying to add Hyper-V host, I am getting error "Disks and volumes discovery failed Error: IP list is empty"
What does this mean?
Thanks
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: IP list is empty

Post by veremin »

What product version you're currently at? Also, I'm wondering type of host you're trying to add (standalone, cluster or part of it, etc.) and how you're doing that. Thanks.
skalarache
Lurker
Liked: never

Post by skalarache »

Hello,

I have same problem with VEEAM 9 evaluation version which is installed in W08 Server R2. Do you solved it ?

Regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Please open a support case for faster troubleshooting as logs review might be required here. Once you do this, please let us know your case ID.
Karsten_STFI
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Post by Karsten_STFI »

Hi there,
I'm entering this thread as I ran into the same issue today. If there is a solution to this, I would appreciate if one could post it here? And, by the way, my case ID is 01753702 :-)

Regards,
Karsten
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

OPs didn't post their case ID, so we cannot check for the solution. Can you please update this topic with a solution you receive from our support team?
Karsten_STFI
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Post by Karsten_STFI » 1 person likes this post

Hi all,
I might have solved the issue with the "empty IP list". In my case, I was only able to add a server to the backup infrastructure by its IP address, not with the FQDN. I found, that the DNS(A) host entry for that server was incomplete (IPv6 entry was present, but IPv4 wasn't). After adding the IPv4 entry manually, I was able to add the server to our existing Hyper-V cluster configuration in Veeam as another cluster knot, using the FQDN. I started a test backup and everything seems to be working now.
Hope this helps to others.

Regards,
Karsten