Discussions related to exporting backups to tape and backing up directly to tape.
nullifi
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jason Taylor

GFS Tape job 'not scheduled'?

Post by nullifi »

Forgive any ignorance, I setup a GFS tape job at my DR site and it has been running for a few weeks now successfully. I notice that it has a next run time scheduled. I just created two new GFS jobs at my main site and both of them show not scheduled.

Will they schedule themselves and automatically run this weekend as planned, or do I need to do something to make them run?

I will be so glad if these work the first time. I am replacing a total of 9 tape jobs with two GFS tape jobs. So much cleaner, if it works.
rmeyer5
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Rene Meyer

Re: GFS Tape job 'not scheduled'?

Post by rmeyer5 »

The only thing I can think of is if you didn't set and "retention periods" (weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly) under the media pool in the "GFS Media Set" view

else it should schedule it self if it's enabled that is :)
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

As long as a job has a schedule set up for it and is pointed to the GFS media pool, the Next Run field should be reflected correctly. Though, it usually takes few seconds for a newly created job to update that parameter. Thanks.
nullifi
Influencer
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Jason Taylor

Post by nullifi »

Hm, retention periods are set and it's been a reboot and a day and it still isn't scheduled. Guess something's wrong, I'll open a ticket with support.
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Yep, the described behaviour does not look expected, so opening a ticket is the right thing to do. I'd appreciate if you post the case number, once you get one. Thanks.
slmacquarie
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Shane Ley

Post by slmacquarie »

I'm having the same issue as this, where the GFS Tape job's Next Run shows as <not scheduled> if 'last' is chosen as day of month. If I change it to a day, such as 31, then it correctly shows the scheduled date.

I have disabled Weekly and Quarterly, so I haven't tested whether this problem occurs with those enabled.

Case 01787954
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

Thank you for posting your ticket number. We've already notified our QA team about the said problem.
pverburg
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Paul Verburg

[MERGED] GFS Tape job last day of month wont schedule

Post by pverburg »

HI,
When I create a GFS tape job to run on the last day of the month it comes up as not scheduled ????
What am I doing wrong
B&R 9.0.0.1491

Paul V.
lyapkost
Expert
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: Konstantin

Re: GFS Tape job last day of month wont schedule

Post by lyapkost »

Hi, Paul!

This is a known behaviour, please contact our support team to obtain a hotfix. As a workaround you may configure the job to run on 30th day of the month.

Thanks.