Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 387 times

9.5. Update 1. Feedback

Post by mkretzer »

Hello,

reading some post i get the feeling 9.5 update 1 has some bugs.

Has anyone installed update 1 without any issues?

Markus
Dschano
Novice
Liked: never

Re: Any *successfull* update 1 installations?

Post by Dschano »

hi,

my update from 9.5 GA to 9.5 U1 was succesfull without any problems!

Greetings
Jan
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Given the number of customers who had already installed the update, if there were severe issues with it, these forums would have already blown up with the corresponding bug report posts.

So, what you can see is rather isolated cases which support team are currently investigating.

Thanks.
mkretzer
Veeam Legend

Post by mkretzer »

Excellent. Installing the update today :-)
veremin
Product Manager

Post by veremin »

You're welcome. Kindly, keep us updated on how well the upgrade goes. Thanks.
davide.depaoli
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Davide Depaoli

Post by davide.depaoli »

Installed without any problem (VBR and ONE)
mkretzer
Veeam Legend

Post by mkretzer »

Installed without problem.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by JoshuaPostSAMC »

One instance upgraded fine, but several Veeam services didn't start after the upgrade. I could manually start them and rebooted just for good measure.

Second instance upgraded without error.
ChuckS42
Expert
Liked: 27 times
Full Name: Chuck Stevens

Post by ChuckS42 »

mkretzer wrote:Hello,

reading some post i get the feeling 9.5 update 1 has some bugs.

Markus
Ran it yesterday, no problems whatsoever.
Veeaming since 2013
mma
Service Provider
Liked: 21 times
Full Name: Marcel

Post by mma »

Well, my update was not that successful.
Was able to boot the server after the update, but after approx. 1 min, I got a freeze. Not possible to analyze anything!
Had to restore my physical server, Veeam Endpoint did a good job btw. But now I’m a bit scared to reinstall the update and/or patch other 9.5 servers :roll:

Regards
Marcel
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Marcel, have you opened a case to investigate this?
btmaus
Expert
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Glenn L

Post by btmaus »

Succesfully running both Veeam ONE and Veeam Backup & Replication here on 9.5 Update 1 for two days.
mkretzer
Veeam Legend

[MERGED] All jobs hang after update1

Post by mkretzer »

Case 02050606

One job got messages like "Processing XXXXXX Error: Timed out waiting for objects [vm-855109,host-82033,host-930773,host-497332,host-91007,host-273947,host-447527,host-496307,host-87640,host-337501,host-266772] for several VM. Now this job hangs, cannot be canceled and takes up all the backup proxy connections avaiable which means all other jobs hang at "Waiting for backup infrastructure resources availability". The job cannot be canceled, even with force.

This is the first time we see something like this and it only happened after installing update 1.

Markus
veremin
Product Manager

Re: 9.5. Update 1. Feedback

Post by veremin »

mkretzer
Veeam Legend

Post by mkretzer » 1 person likes this post

Support told me to reboot VC and Veeam. Right now it works again........
mitchellm3
Influencer
Liked: 8 times

Post by mitchellm3 » 1 person likes this post

We are a pretty large Veeam shop. We backup over 1500+ VMs per night. We upgraded from 9.0 update2 to 9.5 update 1 two nights ago. The upgrade went well. We noticed that in the morning we have many jobs that are just stuck waiting on backup infrastructure resource availability. We then have to kill the jobs and re-run them. When backups kick off in the afternoon they move real well but after a few hours the jobs start to get stuck.

We opened a call with support case#02050995 and they alluded to the fact that we aren't the only customer seeing this issue. We didn't get many details so far since it is going to development but I believe the problem may have to do with the fact that we use storage array integrated snapshots. We do this across many 3par arrays but they didn't mention that it was 3par specific. We do have another site that does 200+ VMs on a 3par and it works great but we didn't have array based snapshots turned on. We are turning that on this evening to see if it has the same issues.

The good news is that our backup issues finally don't seem to point to our StoreOnce 6600's.
Protey
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Anatolii

Post by Protey »

On two servers updates with problems, do not run for the job schedule. Changed start time on each job and everything worked.
And another problem, after installing Windows Update KB 3205404 ( Windows Server 2012 R2 Microsoft .NET Framework Updates for 3.5, 4.5.2, 4.6/4.6.1, 4.6.2 (KB3205404) ) services Veeam backup not start. Rollback this update and all run.
enzoparone
Lurker
Full Name: Enzo Parone

Post by enzoparone »

I have installed Update 1 without problem :D
m_zolkin
Veeam Software
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: Mike Zolkin

Post by m_zolkin »

mitchellm3 wrote: We opened a call with support case#02050995 and they alluded to the fact that we aren't the only customer seeing this issue.
We have assigned a senior engineer to the ticket #02050995. It doesn't really look like a common issue. Stay tuned.
VP, WW Customer Technical Support
radkins22
Lurker
Full Name: Ronald Adkins

Post by radkins22 »

I upgraded from 9.5 to 9.5 update 1. The upgrade appeared to go well without any errors, but when I checked my backups the next morning I had several failures. I tracked the issue down to the one physical proxy server I have. (For reference I also have 26 virtual proxy servers.) This physical proxy normally backs up several servers using direct san access, but it also backs up several servers across the network using the network transport mode. After the upgrade it continued backing up the san based servers fine, but when it came to the servers it normally backs up in network mode it was not failing over to network mode. It just sat there until the job timed out and failed. I tried stopping/starting the Veeam services then rebooting, but it still would not fail over to network mode. I had to manually remove the Veeam components, completely remove it from the Veeam environment then re-add it before I could get it to work properly. Everything has been working fine since.
BLWL
Enthusiast
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: Bjorn L

Post by BLWL » 1 person likes this post

Installed Update 1 yesterday.

Install went smooth, but had to reboot server before installing update and manually starting services.

All 20 jobs successful from last night (had

Using storage integration with NetApp.

GJ Veeam.
mitchellm3
Influencer
Liked: 8 times

Post by mitchellm3 »

After working with VEEAM support for several weeks we think we are finally getting out of the woods. Support created 3 new DLLs for us so the manager could do more and handle all our array snapshots. Backups are rolling along and we don't see jobs waiting on resources even though there are no jobs running on the particular proxy or the storage that job uses.

Another problem that was uncovered...once things started moving along...is we have some proxy servers with repositories that point to the same Catalyst store. When we first designed our solution we did this because we wanted the best deduplication. However, we have since moved away from that thinking...now giving proxy servers their own catalyst stores because dedupe is really good. Anyway, we have a bunch of jobs that get weird storage errors because VEEAM doesn't like multiple repositories pointing to the same catalyst store. This apparently changed with 9.5 but they said they will be fixing that in the next release.